This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wichita chapter.

We all know college is expensive, but that does not mean you can’t treat yourself! It’s simple to find savings on daily purchases. In fact, there are many ways to find discounts that will make being a poor college student pay off.

Score Deals by Visiting Shock Stops 

Students at Wichita State University have the luxury of exclusive student discounts; provided by Shock Stop. By showing your shocker ID at participating merchants, you will receive at least 10% off your purchase. It’s a great way to support local businesses and save some money. My personal favorite Shock Stops are Blaze Pizza, Felipe’s Mexican Restaurant and Wichita Ice Center, but you can find the full list of merchants at https://www.wichita.edu/services/shockstop/partners.php.

Apps Are Awesome for Discounts

Apps are super useful and convenient and that’s why college students like me love them, and they are even better when they can help you save money! UNIDAYS is a must-have for students. It is free both to download and sign up, and the verification process is quick and simple. Once your account is created, you have access to deals on over 150 brands: including brands Aerie and Tarte. You can also find exclusive contests and scholarships on this app.

Student Beans is another great app that gives students access to savings on more than 650 merchants. Scoring 10% off on some new GymShark leggings is only an app download away. Their codes can be used both online and in-store, what more could one ask for?

Save on Subscriptions

There are numerous subscription services that students love who provide discounts. For music, Apple Music and Spotify both offer their services for 4.99 a month. As a bonus, Spotify includes Showtime and Hulu for free. Amazon student is another subscription that is convenient to have, which is offered at 50% off for those who attend college. Adobe Creative Cloud is an incredible software to have for content creators. Students can get the full suite of Adobe products such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects for just $19.99/month.

There are many ways students can save, so go ahead and splurge on yourself to celebrate making it through the first few weeks of college. You deserve it and your bank account will thank you without a doubt!

Hello readers, My name is Kylee Gregg and I am beyond excited to be joining Her Campus! As a first generation college student, I feel obligated to excel and make an impact. There is a certain strength that you feel as a woman, and it is essential to empower others. My goal is to uplift others with the power of words, and I strive to motivate readers.
Mikaela is a senior studying Social Work at Wichita State University where she is also the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Wichita chapter. When she isn't on campus or at work, you can find her either hanging out with friends and family or trying out the newest place in town. Her passions include traveling, reading and writing, and all things local Wichita. Valuing social justice and women empowerment, she strives to make every effort count towards the best positive impact of others. She's an ENFP-T Myers-Briggs type and a type 2w3 Enneagram. You can find her on Instagram at @mikaelacutaran.