WSU RSC
WSU RSC
Original photo by HC at Wichita
Wellness

With Love, Your Her Campus WSU Seniors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wichita chapter.

Well, readers, we have made it to a new year! With this comes a whole new semester filled with its own new set of challenges and chaos. Check out what some of our seniors have to say to get you through!

Hannah Profile HC Wichita
Original photo by Hannah Jasinski

Any tips or advice for students coming back to school this semester?

“Remember to work hard. I know times are strange now but remember to set time out for school work and yourself. Self-care is ALWAYS important and should be number one on your list!”

Any words of wisdom for younger students?

Get involved! Meet new people because you never know the possibilities… With HC I get to meet inspiring women every day. I also get to help the women on our campus be inspired by HC through our events.”

Iz Profile HC Wichita
Original photo by Isabelle Macy

What is your advice for other students?

“Keep breathing and don’t stress over the small stuff.”

Kylee Profile HC Wichita
Original photo by Kylee Gregg

“Work hard because college only lasts a few years but your degree will last a lifetime! When returning to school this semester it is essential that you take care of your health! It’s no secret that the pandemic can make you sick physically, but also keep in mind your mental health. Also, If you’re having trouble with online or hybrid classes remember there are always resources on campus to reach out to.”

“As a senior, I would like to remind younger students to never lose sight of their goal. It’s so important to remember that the hard work WILL pay off in the end!”

Marcha Profile HC Wichita
Original photo by Marcha Glenn
Any tips or advice for students coming back to school this semester?

“Take everything one step at a time, tomorrow will come, so don’t rush tomorrow and just enjoy today.

It’s okay to make mistakes if you will learn something from them. However, you can’t go through life thinking your life will be ruined if you mess up or on the other extreme that you are immune to making mistakes and any mistakes made is because of someone else.”

Mikaela Profile HC Wichita
Original photo by Mikaela Cutaran
What is your advice for other students?

“With every situation, in every circumstance, ask yourself Okay, where is the opportunity here?’ With all of the year’s unknowns and unprecedented twists and turns, we have to try and take it all in, acknowledge that it may be a hot mess, but grow from it to further reach our potential.” 

Self-care is not selfish! Never underestimate the power of practicing it regularly.” 

Her Campus Wichita
Mikaela is a senior studying Social Work at Wichita State University where she is also the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Wichita chapter. When she isn't on campus or at work, you can find her either hanging out with friends and family or trying out the newest place in town. Her passions include traveling, reading and writing, and all things local Wichita. Valuing social justice and women empowerment, she strives to make every effort count towards the best positive impact of others. She's an ENFP-T Myers-Briggs type and a type 2w3 Enneagram. You can find her on Instagram at @mikaelacutaran.