Your Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide: the Propel Holiday Pop-Up Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

So, in case you haven’t heard, Western University’s Propel is having a pop-up market on November 28 and it’s going to be amazing. (Here’s a link to the Facebook event so you don’t forget.)

Propel is Western’s Entrepreneurship Centre and is the number one place to go if you’re a student looking to start up or are currently running a business. Propel helps students at any stage of their business, so whether you have an idea that you want to put into action or an established business and are just looking for some new growth tips, Propel will have the resources that you need.

Photo from Propel’s Facebook Page

On Tuesday they are hosting a pop-up holiday market in the UCC Atrium, making it the perfect Christmas shopping opportunity for students. Get some shopping done in-between classes and save yourself a trip to the mall. There are so many businesses attending—there’s literally something for everyone, including your pets. Check out these ten product recommendations from the startups attending and learn a bit about their businesses:

1. For the Love of Laundry: All-natural laundry detergent

How adorable are these reusable wool dryer balls? And who doesn’t love reducing their daily chemical intake with all natural, homemade products? This set goes for just $32.00 here.

2. Waeward: Affordable travelesque backpacks

Waeward offers budget-friendly and very stylish backpacks that are perfect for students. This Light Grey Classic style goes for just $31.12 USD, making it a very affordable Christmas present to give your friends. Get it here.

3. Purdy Natural: All-natural skincare products made locally

Purdy Natural is for everyone out there looking for some natural, healthy skincare products. From fancy soaps to high quality makeup, Purdy Natural will have some great gift ideas or stocking stuffers that anyone would love to get. Get a 3-pack of soap for only $18.00.

4. bCLUTCH: Premium lifestyle apparel for athletes

If you know someone who loves some high quality workout wear, bCLUTCH has some excellent options. Comfortable workout wear with a street-style feel fill up their online store. Check out this workout tank on sale for $34.99 (reg. $44.99).

5. Pascal Press: All-in-one pressure brewer and travel mug

Every student has a coffee-lover in their life. Get them the perfect gift: a travel sized french press. Pour in your coffee grounds, push down the press, and the mug pressure brews your coffee while separating the coffee grounds from the liquid to prevent over brewing. Enjoy your hot, delicious coffee! Get it here for $44.00!

6. Serendipitous: Diffuser jewelry and essential oils with a student focus

Every student could use some essential oils in their lives. From stress relief to help focusing, motivational blends to sleepy blends, there really is an oil for everything. Serendipitous creates beautiful, boho inspired diffuser jewelry that allows you to take your essential oils on the go for some all-day, all-natural aromatherapy. You can contact Sarah about essential oils or her jewelry by heading to her website. Get this Boho Crystal Magic necklace for $22.00 here.

7. Chase and Hunter: Art and home decor for millennials

Chase and Hunter has you covered for all of your millennial home decor needs. They have lots of prints to match any decor style, from inspirational quotes to retro-themed items. Get this “It’s Lit” sign from $39.99 here.

8. SF&Co: Pet lifestyle brand of homemade products

For those of you who love treating your furry friends during the holidays, SF&Co has you covered. They carry a range of handmade pet bandanas, bows, leashes and collars so your pets never have to go without looking totally stylish. They also carry matching items for people, so you can grab a matching bow with your little guy’s bandana! Get this Christmas tree bandana for $10 here.

9. Mood & Co: Candles

Scented candles are one of the most classic and well loved Christmas gifts you can give. Who doesn’t love making their house smell beautiful? Mood & Co offers their six original scents made from 100% soy wax and a mixture of fragrance oils and essential oils. Get these festive pumpkin spice scented candles for $20.00 here.

10. The Fritter Shop: Fresh, daily made fritters

Need some treats for your holiday party or a yummy hostess gift? Stop by the Fritter Shop and pick up some tasty hand crafted Dutch fritters. They offer 11 different flavours, so your guests will have plenty of options.

Photo from Propel’s 5 Days of Giveaways

If this wasn’t exciting enough, Propel is giving away two free items from all of these vendors every day for five days leading up to the event with their 5 Days of Giveaways campaign. All you have to do is like the photo and tag a friend in the comments to be entered to win.

So, on Tuesday, stop by the UCC to pick up some Christmas gifts (or personal gifts—you’ve earned them!) and support these student start-up businesses. We will see you there!