Weekly Meal Plan – March 7 to 11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

If you’re like me… eating well (while living independently at school) can be super difficult.

When I’m hungry, I want to eat RIGHT NOW. And when I’m stressed and busy… I actually FORGET to eat.

So, in order to get myself back on a semi-nutritious/normal schedule, I thought it might help to actually plan out my meals for the school week… so that I keep track of what I eat, and also make sure I eat. 

Ps. You’ll notice that I skip breakfast… PLEASE DON’T JUDGE… I truly and honestly just don’t feel hungry in the mornings. I know, I know…it’s the most important meal of the day, but hey… some of us have to be rebels and eat breakfast foods at 2pm instead. 

Here’s an example of what you’ll need from the store…

GROCERY LIST 

Apples

Banana

Strawberries/Blueberries

Cucumber

Carrots

Red Pepper

Spaghetti Squash

Tomato

Celery 

Rye Bread

Hummus 

Lettuce

Granola

Nuts/Trail Mix

Ginger Snap/Arrow Root Cookies

Quinoa

Greek Yogurt 

Peanut butter 

Tomato Sauce

Salad Dressing

Basmati Rice

Cheese

Chicken

Ground Beef

Eggs 

Greek Yogurt

Milk

…slip some chips or chocolate somewhere in there (to keep your sanity).

By now you’ve probably figured out that I am NOT a health professional…so don’t quote me on this, but here’s a meal plan I think I can actually keep to… at least for this week! Ps. My morning snacks are super easy to bring on campus for either pre-lunch or post lunch during class. 

Want to follow the plan with me? Feel free!

Don’t like one of the options? Have an allergy? Make up your own or swap them around!

The whole point of this is to really just make sure you’re eating often and well! (I’m also trying to eat better at night = MY ULTIMATE FLAW)

[SEMI] PRO TIP: I’ve catered my lunches and dinner to my class schedule… (if I know I’ll be home to make something/ or need to bring something for campus!) 

Here it is, my Eating Plan for March 7th-11th….

MONDAY

Snack: Apple and ginger snap/arrow root cookies.

Lunch: Peanut Butter rye toast with banana slices.

Dinner: Chicken Caesar Salad.

Snack: Almond, nut and raisin trail mix. 

TUESDAY

Snack: Carrots, celery and dip.

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with red peppers and cheese.

Dinner: Lean beef tacos with lettuce, tomato, and cheese.

Snack: Greek yogurt. 

WEDNESDAY

Snack: Almond, nut, and raisin trail mix.

Lunch: Granola, milk, with strawberries and blueberries.

Dinner: Oven baked Spaghetti Squash Pasta with tomato sauce (add chicken or beef if desired)

Snack: Apple and peanut butter.

THURSDAY

Snack:  Greek Yogurt and banana.

Lunch: Vegan berry protein shake.  *See the recipe in last week’s blog!!!

Dinner: Meatballs, steamed veggies, and basmati rice.

Snack: Ginger snap cookies and milk. 

FRIDAY

Snack: Cucumber and hummus.

Lunch: Granola, fruit, and Greek yogurt.

Dinner: Quinoa, cheese, cucumber, tomato, salad with baked chicken. 

Snack: Celery and peanut butter… oh, and maybe a cookie… or five… IT’S FRIDAY!

Try it out or make your own!! Happy eating! 

Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.