This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

With the rise of COVID-19 cases and our hospitals being overburdened the government has decided to put the province into our second lockdown. It has been a year since the first COVID-19 case was discovered and it will be almost a year since our first lockdown in Ontario. During this second lockdown, between writing exams, essays, and assignments I have taken time for myself and I have been enjoying watching shows with my family.

Here are three shows that I have discovered that I believe everyone should watch during this second lockdown:

1. Dawson’s Creek

I really enjoy watching older shows that were popular when my parents were teenagers and around the time that I was born. I find them more interesting and sometimes even better than most of the shows nowadays. Dawson’s Creek aired from 1998-2003. It was filmed in Wilmington, North Carolina. A friend group made up of Dawson, Joey, Pacey and Jen go on adventures together during their high school and college days. You can watch all six Dawson’s Creek seasons on Netflix.

2. Younger

My Mom and I stumbled across this show and we have been really enjoying watching it together. Younger is based in New York city. It stars Hillary Duff who plays Kelsey Peters, Nico Totorella who plays Josh, Sutton Foster who plays Liza Miller, and Debi Mazar who plays Maggie. A forty year old woman named Liza attempts to find employment by pretending that she is twenty six years old. This helps land her a job at a famous publishing house, gain a new best friend/ co-worker Kelsey and a new young, handsome boyfriend named Josh. The show follows Liza’s adventures and struggles of pretending to be a twenty six year old. There are six seasons of Younger on Amazon Prime and they are currently filming a seventh season.

3. Joey

During lockdown I finally finished watching all ten seasons of Friends for the first time ever. I enjoyed watching Friends a lot because of my favourite character Joey. Joey is hilarious because he always has the funniest jokes and his facial expressions are hilarious to watch. Also, I think that Joey is the most genuine, kind and humble character from Friends because he was always a good friend to everyone. My family and I started watching Joey’s sitcom together. Joey’s show is about how he moved to Hollywood to go after his acting dream, and his adventures of living with his nephew and sister. You can watch two seasons of Joey on Amazon Prime.

I hope that everyone enjoys watching these shows while they relax. Lounge in your pajamas, and treat yourself to some chips, while you enjoy watching these three must watch shows during the second lockdown.