This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

THE BASICS

Name: Jill O’Craven

Nicknames: As long as you don’t call me Jillian, I don’t really care

Position: Junior Editor

Age: Feelin’ 22

Program: Major in Classics, Minor in Creative Writing, and SASAH

Hometown: Born in Cambridge, Massachusetts; grew up in Toronto, Ontario

FAST FAVES

Favourite novel: The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.

Favourite beverage: Hot chocolate.

Favourite season: Season 3 of The 100.

Favourite bread: Baguette (but also all of it).

Favourite social media platform: I spend the most time on Facebook but I enjoy Tumblr most.

GENERAL QS

What kind of household appliance would you be?

“I would be a smoke detector because when I get excited I can be very loud and high pitched, but also I’m very sensitive and just want to protect people.”

What is your life’s soundtrack?

“I usually have at least three songs stuck in my head at any given time. Today, it’s “Favourite Ex” by Maisie Peters, “We Are All Bat People” by the VlogBrothers (and songified by The Gregory Brothers), and “Homesick” by Will Jay.”

Who is your biggest inspiration and why?

“Demi Lovato. She has been through so much shit and keeps getting back up. She is a vocal advocate for feminism, LGBTQIA+ rights, gun safety and mental health, and she uses her experiences with mental illness, body image and addiction to advocate for others and remind people that they are not alone and can get through it and still be successful—and more importantly, HAPPY.”

Would you rather fight a horse-sized duck or a 10 duck-sized horses? 

“10 duck-sized horses, no question. Have you SEEN how big a horse-sized horse is? Horses are one of the deadliest animals in Australia. Then adding a beak and wings? No thank you! Tiny horses would just be cute. If they kill me, I will die happily.”

What has your experience been like in HCW?

“I joined HerCampus last year, and I had a blast. I’ve met so many amazing new friends, and I love being able to write about whatever random thing I’m passionate about. This year, I’m excited to get to read so many awesome articles by all the amazing HerCampus writers, and help polish them into the best version of themselves.”