This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Name: Roveena Jassal

Position: Junior Editor and Visual Executive

Age: 19

Program: Double major in Media, Information and Technoculture (MIT) and Spanish

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois

Tell me a little bit about yourself: 

“I prefer doubles and variety, as shown above with my two majors and positions on Her Campus.” 

How did you get involved with Her Campus Western?

“Since highschool, I had always wanted to be a writer for Her Campus. When I found out Western had a chapter, I immediately applied and have been on the team ever since!”

What’s your favourite article you’ve written for Her Campus Western? 

“One of my most recent articles demonstrated how I grew a lot this summer and defeated the negative attitude that I wouldn’t be able to learn much from a summer job. I also learned how to fix car batteries and windshield wipers, so ya girl’s gotchu now!”

What are you most excited about this year at Her Campus Western? 

“It seems like the group is interested in spending more time with one another and really getting to know each other. I am really excited to get closer and learn from the other girls because although it’s fun to improve alone, it’s even more fun to improve alongside others.” 

What’s your favourite part of your program?

“I love how interdisciplinary it is. MIT is literally a combination of everything you can think of: english, business, computer science, psychology, neuroscience, law. Spanish is more focused on analyzing language and gaining better communication skills. I love that I have access to a wonderful array of applicable skills.” 

What was the best part of your summer? 

“Realizing that it’s truly a privilege to pursue higher education and the amount of stress for midterm season is nowhere near the amount of stress for working to feed an entire family.” 

What’s your dream job? 

“An author. I just want to write anywhere in the world and have the privilege of writing words for a living.”

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? 

“I want to go to the Dominican Republic because I absolutely love Caribbean culture and I know fluent Spanish, so it would be interesting to practice my speaking skills and experience, while also experiencing the culture there.”