GET IT GIRL Wine Will Donate All Proceeds To Planned Parenthood To Support Women’s Rights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Union Wine Co. and feminist clothing brand, WILDFANG, have come together to collaborate in the making of GET IT GIRL wine, a canned wine whose profits will all be donated to Planned Parenthood.

Photo provided by Bustle, 2017

Union Wine Co., best known for its Underwood wine-in-a-can, is based out of Oregon and believes in supporting those fighting for human rights.

“Women’s rights are human rights. That’s why Union Wine Co. and WILDFANG are giving 100% profits from this special edition wine straight to Planned Parenthood, an organization fighting for those rights all day, every day,” according to the Union Wine Co. website.

Planned Parenthood has been under scrutiny by the United States government recently, with President Trump’s administration aiming to defund the non-profit organization.

“We had the idea for the wine shortly after the 2016 election. We wanted to make a clear statement in support of women’s rights and create some kind of positive impact,” said Emma McIIroy, WILDFANG CEO.

GET IT GIRL is a white wine mixture of Riesling, Gewurztraminer and Pinot Gris, featuring lime, melon and jasmine flavours.

The goal of Union Wine Co. and WILDFANG is to raise $100,000 for Planned Parenthood through this initiative.

The limited-edition wine was released in September 2017, and is being offered at a 10% discount when purchased online. Union Wine Co. is also offering free ground shipping throughout the month of October.

GET IT GIRL wine is available for sale online, at WILDFANG’s West End Portland store, and at thousands of retailers across New York, Oregon and California.

For more information, check out the Union Wine Co. Facebook page here.

Have you tried GET IT GIRL wine? Let us know in the comments section below!