7 Shows to Binge Watch on Netflix this Summer

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

As the school year is drawing to a close and exams will no longer run our lives, plans for the summer are starting to take shape. While hangouts with friends, time outside, summer jobs, and family events are important in the summer, we also have to take time for ourselves. If you’ve been neglecting Netflix to study for exams, here are some shows you should catch up on before school starts again. Consider this your summer homework.

1. 13 Reasons Why

If you haven’t already seen this Netflix original you have to. Whether or not you agree with the show’s treatment of bullying and suicide, the show is everywhere online. Watch the show to have an opinion on whether or not the show is doing something good.

2. Riverdale

If you love Pretty Little Liars, you’ll love Riverdale. Based on the comics by the same name, this new teen drama is sure to pique your interest and make you ask yourself why you stopped reading the comics. (They were never as good as the show.) Not to mention, it has a good looking cast, including an adult Cole Sprouse.

3. The 100

If you’re not already obsessed with The 100, take this summer to catch up on the best dystopian show on TV. The series currently has three and a half seasons to keep you busy, but it’s so good that it will be done in no time. Not to mention, the show carries some real female power.

4. Girlboss

Based on Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso’s journey to the creation of Nasty Gal, this show is hilarious and full of girlbosses (get it?). Not to mention some stunning fashion to drool over. The show is a quick watch with only one season comprised of 30-minute episodes, but it’s a lot of fun.

5. Jane the Virgin

This show actually boasts 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Although it might seem like you’ve got the plot figured out from the title, this show is anything but straightforward. Filled with twists and turns, it’s a modern telenovela that will keep you guessing and laughing.

6. Stranger Things

If you’ve been living under a rock, or been way too busy this year, it’s time to take the time to watch Stranger Things. This show is brilliant and mysterious and I can’t wait for season two. So take the summer to watch (or rewatch) in anticipation for the next season. Make sure to stock up on Eggos first.

7. The Office

It’s seriously never a bad time to watch, re-watch, or re-re-watch The Office. There’s no better show to spend the summer months enjoying.

Hello! I graduated from my masters in journalism in 2018 and have carried my passion for writing.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.