50 Thoughts You Have During Your First Week at Western U

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

1. I cannot believe I’m finally here!
  2. They have people to help unload your car? I guess all my dad’s stretching and weight training were for nothing…
  3. How am I supposed to fit all of this stuff into my room?
  4. Using the word “spacious” on the website might have been a bit of an overstatement.
  5. Where’s the rest of my closet?
  6. I wonder if there are any cute guys on my floor…
  7. It seems like everyone else saw that Urban Outfitters had a sale on string lights and tapestries last week,too.
  8. … including my roommate. So much for seeming original.
  9. What should I say to her first?
  10. What if she hates me?
  11. What if I hate her?
  12. Oh, she seems nervous–excited too!
  13. We can just talk about how nervous and excited we both are.
  14. I wonder how long I have to wait before I can ask if I can borrow her shoes…
  15. How does everyone else seem to already know what’s going on?
  16. Should I go to The Ceeps or Club Weldon tonight? I heard students talking about both…
  17. Why did a soph just laugh at me when I asked that?
  18. How do all of the sophs have so much energy? I’m guessing it’s not from the caf coffee.
  19. What if I don’t remember any of these chants they’re teaching us?
  20. These seem awfully complicated for a group of kids who just gave the LCBO a product shortage.
  21. I think I’ll just stick to chanting “WESTERN” with the rest of the crowd.
  22. Am I wearing enough purple?
  23. Or maybe too much purple?
  24. Now I’m wishing I had bought that cute tank top from the bookstore during SAO instead of “waiting for later.”
  25. How is the line for first year kits so long? I mean this isn’t a Kylie Lip Kit …
  26. I guess I’ll spend the next four hours awkwardly trying to get to know my roommate.
  27. What’s better than filling every awkward silence with “Ugh, I hate this line!”
  28. How did Western secure such a good line up for  o-week?
  29. Twelve hours ago I was taking first day of school pictures with my parents outside of UC Tower, and now I’m attending a full – out rave in front of it
  30. How is everyone getting into Saugeen for parties?
  31. Now I’m wishing more people from my high school came here…
  32. I wonder when I’m supposed to have classes. I mean, I know that they have to happen eventually?
  33. Let’s weigh the pros and cons between carrying a campus map or asking a stranger for directions. Which is more embarrassing?
  34. I bet people in fourth year don’t even know where they’re going.
  35. Should I join a club? It seems like everyone REALLY wants me to join their club.
  36. $8 for a Booster Juice?!
  37. Well I  guess that’s what my meal plan card is for…
  38. Thanks mom and dad!
  39. Why do people ever eat at the caf when The Spoke is so close?
  40. If I walk to The Spoke every day for a bagel, the extra exercise will definitely help me ward off the Freshman 15…
  41. I’m actually getting excited for my first day of classes. I heard you’re allowed to use your phone during lecture.
  42. How did I sleep in till 11am?
  43. Am I a horrible student for missing my first university class?
  44. I SWEAR this will be the only 9:30am class I miss all year…
  45. The bookstore is insane right now; I swear people are actually fighting over textbooks!
  46. I never thought I would see two men brawling over a physics book.
  47. Maybe I should phone my Mom?
  48. I think it has already been a week since they dropped me off…
  49. I’m already feeling so at home here!
  50. I honestly can’t wait for the rest of the year.
Amanda is a National Intern, Style and Beauty Blogger and a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus. She is doing a double major in criminology and sociology at Western University. She is a proud member of Alpha Gamma Delta - Zeta Chi chapter, and makes 99% of her decisions based off of WWEWD (what would Elle Woods Do?). Follow her on instagram @amanda_h_jones, and listen to her talk about makeup *a bit* more than usual at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-7cOzh_oI&t=237s
Ariel graduated from Western University in 2017. She served as her chapter's Campus Correspondent, has been a National Content Writer, and a Campus Expansion Assistant. She is currently a Chapter Advisor and Chapter Advisor Region Leader.