The Lalafour Girls Standing
The Lalafour Girls Standing
Her Campus Media
Wellness

5 Musts On A Girls’ Trip To Montreal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Whether it’s work, school or your personal life, we could all use a quick getaway—and what’s better than a girls’ trip to Montreal? Here are 5 musts you and your girls should do on a last-minute, winter vacay:

1. Wine, and lots of it

people cheers drinks
Pexels / cottonbro
Montreal has tons of wine tours and tastings that would be the perfect activity for you and your ladies on a lazy afternoon. Ease your way into the weekend with iced wine and lunch while you learn some interesting facts about how your favourite drink is made. I’d recommend trying the Ice Wine, Craft Beer and Ice Cider Tour from Montreal, which can be found through this link on Tripadvisor. They will pick you up from your hotel,take you to five different stops, and then drop you off again!

2. Delicious food

Bagels
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Montreal is known to have delicious bagels, poutine and much more. One of the best bagel shops in town is St-Viateur Bagel, and they’re open 24/7! Some really good restaurants can also be found in Old Montreal, such as Modavie, a popular French restaurant with amazing food and live music—definitely call in advance for this place. No matter where you are, you’re bound to be no more than a couple blocks away from a satisfying meal.

3. Sight-seeing and Instagram-worthy photos

Android Phone App Blur Business
Tofros.com / Pexels
There are countless beautiful, historic sites in Montreal and something for every taste. You could do anything from a tour of the city to spending the day at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. No doubt you will find somewhere to take some bomb photos for your feed, all while exploring such an incredible city at the same time. I would recommend checking out Old Montreal or any of the other tours the city has to offer!

4. Bars and nightclubs

Lindsay Thompson-Music Festival Miami Ultra Lights Stage Concert Balloons Music Edm
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus
What’s a girls’ trip without getting a little wild? You will not be disappointed by the nightlife in Montreal. Club Electric Avenue is perfect for those that love ‘80s and ‘90s throwbacks and has the perfect atmosphere for dancing. There’s also the Cloak Room for those that want a more lowkey but customized experience. This secret speakeasy will create a personalized drink for you based on your preferences while you sit back and chat with your gals. Regardless of the vibe you’re going for, you’ll find a place that suits you, and don’t be afraid to ask the locals where they’d recommend as well!

5. Shopping

Anna Schultz-Girl Looking Through Closet
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
There are some great places to blow some cash or just window shop. The Eaton Centre is the main mall in the downtown area, but there also many cute little shops in Old Port Montreal. Regardless, you’re sure to stumble upon places to shop while walking around the city.

Basically, Montreal is a bucket-list item for sure and a trip you certainly won’t regret. Feel free to add your own items to this list and don’t be afraid to see where each place leads you. So get out, gather the gals, and let loose!