This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

There comes a time in many university students’ lives when they wake up the morning after a night of partying and regret all the alcohol that they had consumed. Times like these call for a cold glass of water and a comfy bed. Some people like to take walks outside and get fresh air; others like to take a shower and wake themselves up. My cure is a good playlist. Here are 10 songs I recommend for any poor hungover soul.

“Banana Pancakes” – Jack Johnson

Jack Johnson is the perfect artist to listen to when you just can’t seem to get out of bed. His soft voice and soft music is just the right volume for someone with a hangover.

“Stolen Dance” – Milky Chance

I personally believe this song is good for any day at any time, but it is definitely just the right beat for someone trying to forget about the number of vodka crans they finished the night before.

“Riptide” – Vance Joy

“Riptide” is both a great song for a road trip and for a hangover. Honestly, any song with a ukulele is perfect when loud noises may not be your favourite thing.  

“Under the Bridge” – Red Hot Chili Peppers

The Red Hot Chili Peppers nailed the perfect hangover song with this hit. It’s slow enough not to make your head keep spinning and not too loud so as not to give yourself a new headache.  

“Santeria” – Sublime

This song is similar to the RHCP with its slower tempo and softer guitar. Definitely a good song to have playing in the background as you grab your second or third glass of water.

“Waiting on the World to Change” – John Mayer

John Mayer is good for any occasion: sunny days, sad days and even the morning after a night out. His voice is soothing enough to cure any hangover.

“Secret” – Maroon 5

The melody in this song is relaxing, the rhythm is slow enough to put you to sleep, and Adam Levine’s voice? Need I say more?

“Here Comes the Sun” – The Beatles

“Here Comes the Sun,” or in this case “Here Comes the Hangover Cure.” This song is soft and light, perfect for just chilling in your bed, waiting for a headache to pass.

“Hold You In My Arms” – Ray LaMontagne

Ray’s soft voice and soft melody can ease any hangover.

“Girl on a Train” – Skizzy Mars

At this point, your headache should be gone and nausea subsided. And if it hasn’t, Skizzy Mars will definitely help.

Give these songs a try next time you find yourself unable to get up after that night of partying.