10 Recipes to Make Your Heart Happy for Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

It’s that time of year. The cold is creeping in and nothing screams comfort like a piping hot delicious bowl…of…oh, the list is endless. Are you a grilled cheese fanatic? Or a meatatarian? Perhaps a chocolatey-ice cream something or other revs your engine. With exams upon us, embrace the comfort of good food and try out a fun new recipe, whatever turns your crank!  Forget the calories, throw on that big turtleneck sweater and who’s to know?

1. Cheddar Bacon Macaroni and Cheese

I would rank this as #1 for comfort food. Everything you need for complete happiness, cheese, bacon, carbs…it’s so satisfying!

2. Cranberry and Brie Grilled Cheese

This definitely deserves honorary mention. My god, how sexy can a couple slices of bread get!?

3. Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Mash

Adventurous, my roommate made this for me when it was horrendously cold and I can literally say it warmed my heart. A wonderful feel-good meal with your pals, 10/10.

4. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

Keep this in the slow cooker for a loooong time, don’t rush it, savour it and enjoy the foreplay.

5. Beef Bourginon

If you meet someone and you want to impress them with your culinary prowess, make them this. Wine and red meat, count me in.

7. Chicken Pot Pie

Meat and pastry. Perfect for flu season when you’re wanting to ward off those bugs.

8. Waffles Eggs Benedict

Combines the two best breakfast foods, eggs benedict and fluffy waffles.

9. Cookie Sundae Skillet

Cookies, Ice cream, chocolate sauce…k bye.

10. Poutine

Oh yeah. That’s French right.

This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.