This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

Podcasts have become more and more popular over the years and I am living for it. My 40-year-old soccer mom vibes are in full swing when I pop in my Airpods and listen to some of my favorite podcasters talk about things I’m interested in. Anything that emits positive vibes and helps me grow as a person, so I can be the best girl boss possible, really gets me going. Recently I’ve been listening to a lot of podcasts that inspire me, help me to reflect on myself and my personal growth, and give me advice on how to handle many of the day-to-day challenges we as Gen Z and millennial women face. So, here I have five podcasts every girl boss needs in her life to be the best version of herself.

1.     I Love You So Much Podcast with Kenzie Elizabeth

Kenzie Elizabeth is a popular Youtuber that exudes girl boss. Whether she’s going to class, hot pilates, or to the studio to record her podcast, she’s always being productive. Her podcast features episodes centered around health, self-development, building your own business, and more. She even has some of your favorite influencers as guest speakers on her podcast I Love You So Much.

In one of her most recent episodes featuring Nichole Balsamo, they discussed some of their best tips on how to build your own business and brand your company. They talked about some of the things they’ve learned in the process of building their personal brand throughout the years. It’s great to learn through other people’s experiences which is why they provided us with some helpful tips they have discovered along their journeys. If you’re looking for a podcast that will help you grow not only your business but will also help you grow as a person, this is the podcast for you. 

2.     Gen Z Girl by Abbey Asselin

Abbey Asselin is another lifestyle YouTuber that just recently launched her podcast. She focuses mainly on how to get through college, relationship advice, self-development, and fitness. When I need tips on productivity or some well-needed inspiration, Gen Z Girl is the podcast I turn to.

My favorite episode of hers right now is ‘MY FITNESS JOURNEY: My Story, Body Image, How to Live a Healthier Lifestyle + Get Started in the Gym.’ In this episode, she gives us all the deets on how to build your workout and eat right so that you can maximize your while working out. We often procrastinate getting back into working out at the gym because we don’t know where to start and in this episode, she gives us some of her tips on how to overcome this obstacle. She also talks about eating right and what changes she’s made in her food choices. Check out some of her other episodes for more on fitness, college, and so many other relatable topics.

3.     Thick & Thin with Katy Belotte

Katy Belotte discusses all of the things we’re thinking but no one’s saying. Whether she’s discussing loneliness, self-love, toxic relationships, or hustle culture, you can find an episode that interests you. She details some of her personal experiences with these life struggles and encourages us to open our minds and dive deep into these subjects that we might not talk about often enough. She’s unapologetically real and raw in her episodes which I believe is what makes it so relatable and influential.

In one of her recent episodes,  “Feeling Hopeless & Redefining Yourself,” she gives us some tips on how to overcome our anxieties and struggles when we feel like we’re at rock bottom. She also reveals how we can sit down and reflect on ourselves and how we can redefine who we are.

If you want to listen to all of the juicy, intellectually stimulating topics we all want to discuss, the Thick & Thin podcast might be right up your ally!

4.     The Real Reel Podcast

Natalie Barbu is definitely a girl boss you should be listening to. On her podcast The Real Reel, she, as well as her guest appearances, can provide you with all of the most helpful tips on branding, careers, finance, and more.

If you’ve always wanted to start your own business and want to hear how one lady boss achieved just that, the interview episode with Julia Haber, the founder of WAYV, is a good place to start. Tips on how to make connections, market strategically, and overcome obstacles are jam-packed in this installment of The Real Reel, and you can learn so much more in her other episodes too!

5.     Girl Boss Radio with Sophia Amoruso

It would be an injustice to talk about how to embody being a girl boss without talking about the pioneer of this term, Sophia Amoruso. Sophia is the girl boss. When this successful businesswoman published #GirlBoss in 2014, this sparked a wave of women empowerment. Amoruso spent long days and endless nights working her way up in the business world and created her own company, NastyGal. On Girl Boss Radio with Sophia Amoruso, she talks with notorious women in business about ways to navigate this colossal industry. Every single one of her episodes is informative, helpful, and transforming and I highly suggest you take a listen and take notes from THE girl boss herself!

Krystal Draidfort

West Chester '20

Krystal is a senior at West Chester University majoring in Communications Studies and minoring in Nutrition and Dietetics. If you can't find her at the gym or hanging with friends, you can find her listening to her favorite podcasts or binge-watching her favorite lifestyle Youtuber's. Post-grad, her goal for the future is to obtain a job in digital marketing or public relations.
Katie Shannon

West Chester '21

Katie Shannon is the previous founder and president of Her Campus at West Chester chapter and a proud alumnus of West Chester University (May 2021). She is a marketing, communications, and public relations professional, now located in New York City, with 2+ years of experience at award-winning companies and businesses. This includes working with clientele such as Essence, Pixar, E*Trade, Morgan Stanley, Primark, Google, YouTube, Apple, Microsoft, MaryKay, Extra, Emergen-c, Maybelline, Garnier, Her Campus HQ, and more. As well, she has shared her time at different invite-only networking events at organizations such as National Geographic, Paka, iHeartMedia, Wunderkind, and more. Located in New York City, Katie has contributed her efforts working with Essence's Planet Team organization which primarily centers its efforts on "championing Essence's sustainability targets and delivering inspirational and practical content around the environmental issues we face today and the steps we can take to address them, at home, at work, and in our communities." Her different opportunities have provided a wide range of experience in editorial, management, analytical skillset, comfort with making data-driven decisions, developing and nurturing relationships with existing clients and agencies to generate renewal business, sales & marketing, events/event-planning, community, design, writing, attention to detail, organizational skills, managerial skills, project management skills, social media analytics, SEO, multi-tasking, written and verbal communication skills.