This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

As the third week of classes has finally kicked into gear, I’m already feeling the heat of this semester. Honestly, it’s been hard; being a full-time senior taking 16 credits in charge of two clubs has me running around without my head. My brain’s foggy, fuzzy, and dizzy and I needed to remind myself to be human. 

1. Whenever you have something on your mind, do it at that instant. You’ll forget it if you don’t, and your anxiety will be so much and you will become incapacitated. Do it the minute you think about it. No, you will not remember it later. 
  2. Seriously, schedule time in your day to take care of yourself. You think you don’t have to, but you do. You’re going to be so swamped with classwork, you will forget to eat, shower, take to schedule time to let your brain breathe. You are not being selfish by doing this. 
  3. Strap water to your body at all times. If you do, you will never forget to drink water. 
  4. Your brain feels all over the place, but you’re not. You’re actually doing pretty freaking great right now. Take a deep breath, you’re doing your best. 
  5. Remember to reach out to friends and, if you feel close to them, family. It’s easy to be caught in our own bubble and it’ll help

It’s hard to take care of yourself when there are a million things to do. Remember, in order for you to do your best, you need to take care of the body that achieves wonderous things.

You got this!

Syd Abad

Wells '22

“Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” ― Audre Lorde, A Burst of Light