This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

Spring is in the air! Birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, but stress and seasonal depression from the never-ending winter causes chaos in our lives. Here are some of the best ways for you to renew yourself and your energy for the coming spring weather.

Clean Out Your Closet

It’s well-known that you only wear 60% of the clothing in your closet. Clothes take up so much space in your wardrobe and you can become overwhelmed by the lack of space to move hangers or what to wear for the day. Taking the time to go through clothes and get rid of things that have no emotional value, don’t fit you, or you just don’t really like will help minimize the time you have to put into your morning routine.

Declutter Your Study Space

A clean space is a happy space. Organizing where you do the majority of your work, especially academic work, helps you easily relax and focus on your task at hand. It will also make sure that there are no distractions to encourage you to procrastinate.

Let Toxic People Go

Good-bye toxicity! It’s hard to force people out of your life, but those who are negative, cause continuous problems or make you feel bad about yourself need to go. If you clean up your social circle now, your emotions and mental health will thank you later.

Do Some Daily Self-Care

Put time aside to focus on who is most important in your life – you! Doing Giving yourself little doses of daily self-care will allow you to concentrate on what you need to do and how to love yourself no matter what the season brings.

Spend Time Outdoors

Reconnecting with nature after bouts of snow is a hallelujah moment. It never feels better to walk around on the grass or climb up a tree than when the snow

has finally disappeared. Going outside is healthy for your physical and mental health because fresh air works as a stress-reducer.

Read A New Book for Leisure

Something that is good to exercise your brain and simultaneously allows you to procrastinate is reading. Next time you’re doing errands around town, go pick up a new book to ease your mind.

Begin A Healthy Practice

When you think “new healthy habit,” you probably think of New Year’s resolutions. What people don’t realize is that continuing healthy habits, or starting a new one, is best to do with the change of seasons. Having positive vibes surround you means that you’re more likely to be able to stick to your goal.

Courtney Good is a Senior at Wells College double majoring in Creative Writing and Anthropology. She is a first-generation college student. Usually, she can't go a day without doing yoga or using essential oils. In the future, she would like to be a travel writer or museum curator.
Wells Womxn