Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies – In Less Than 30 Mins!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Sometimes, all you need is a great chocolate chip cookie to help you get through the day. Winter is a long, cold, and gloomy time of year, so try this recipe from Buzzfeed Tasty to help you make it through!

Inspired by the powerpuff girls, just add sugar, spice, and everything nice, then you’re well on your way to chocolate chip heaven (but maybe skip out on the Chemical X – you don’t need these cookies coming to life)!

All in all, these cookies are super simple to make and make a great treat to bring into work if you’re on a co-op term. They’ll also make a great treat for you and your friends during a late night study session!

Ingredients (Makes 30 cookies)

• 2 cups butter, melted

• 2 cups brown sugar, packed

• 2 cups granulated sugar

• 4 large eggs

• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

• 5 cups all-purpose flour

• 2 teaspoons baking soda

• 4 cups chocolate chip (I recommend 3 cups, 4 cups is slightly difficult to mix well)

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).

2. In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and melted butter until evenly combined and light in color.

3. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth.

4. Add the flour and baking soda, folding the mixture until it forms a smooth dough.

5. Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly combined.

6. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop 6 balls of dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.

7. Bake for 12 minutes, then serve!

To save cookie dough for later use, scoop the dough into balls and place them side-by-side on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.

1. Wrap the tray with cling wrap, then freeze for up to one month.

2. To bake the frozen dough balls, remove desired number from the tray and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 375°F (190°C).

For the full tasty video – with step-by-step instructions – check out: https://tasty.co/recipe/chocolate-chip-cookies

Hey! I'm Kim, an undergraduate Health student at the University of Waterloo. I am passionate about health communication and policies, and I love making information beautiful & fun to read in all disciplines. My hobbies include watching Netflix, reading fictional novels - especially teen drama (there's no age limit on twilight), and buying stationery that I never seem to use. I hope you enjoy the content I've worked on, feel free to connect with me and let me know your thoughts!
I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!