This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

I promise I shall glisten in your presence I shall join our hands and stand  Even if I stand alone for both

I promise  I will live in your memories  I will relish in the starlight When you dazzle the sky  With your sparkle

I promise  I will remember your essence  I will not cry in your absence 

I promise  I will live Even if you’re gone  I won’t burn inside

I promise  I won’t carry sorrow  I will laugh with grace  I will raise my head and live

I promise I won’t be lost in the abyss of your memories I won’t live in the what ifs.  I wish our story hadn’t ended 

I promise  To live without you  I question why should I live without you And I will always question.

I promise  I won’t carry anger  I won’t carry burden 

I promise If I am not yours  I won’t be any other’s.  I promise.

Tithi Joshi

Waterloo '22

She is a student at the University of Waterloo in Health Studies. With a passion for medicine, but has a love for writing.
Hi there! My name is Caitlyn Gellatly and I am the Campus Correspondent and President for the Waterloo Chapter of Her Campus! I am a Digital Arts Communication and International Studies student in my 4th year. I love to read, write, cook and spend time with friends, family, and sorority sisters!