5 Things Every Foodie Needs this Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Nothing screams love and comfort like some great food. Whether you’re single or in a relationship, here are my top 5 food items to make your Valentine’s Day special. 

Breakfast in bed

Not only is this a fun way to pamper your S/O, but it’s also a great way to pamper yourself. Yes, you can make your own breakfast and serve it to yourself in bed… trust me, that’s what I’ll be doing! My personal favourite breakfast meal is banana pancakes, but to each their own.

Chocolate-covered strawberries

These are super simple to put together. You can get creative and buy different coloured chocolates and toppings, and if all else fails, you can send an Edible Arrangement and call it a day. 

A charcuterie board

If you’re anything like me, then you really enjoy snacking. Fill the board with your favourite cheeses, meats, breads, spreads, fruit, and more. You can also opt for a dessert board filled with cookies, candies, and snacks (chocolate covered pretzels, anyone?). YUM!

Wine

Rosé is a must! My fellow single ladies might enjoy the Strawberry Samba by Girls’ Night Out, but the Sparkling Moscato Rosé by Jacob’s Creek is also worth the hype! If you prefer a bottle of red, my recommendations are Cabernet Shiraz by Jacob’s Creek and Cabernet Sauvignon by Three Thieves. Best of all, these wines are all under $20!

Order takeout from your favourite restaurant

Treat yourself and/or your S/O! Order from a place you love, especially if it’s a fancy restaurant that you don’t get to eat at often.

Aliyah Khan

Waterloo '22

Hi everyone! My name is Aliyah and I am a Political Science and Business student at the University of Waterloo. I love music, writing, and good food.
Hey - I'm Vanessa Geitz, a fourth-year Public Health student at the University of Waterloo. I am currently the President and Campus Correspondent for HC Waterloo and love writing articles! Also a big fan of the Bachelor, BBT, and books.