neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Resources to Use When Picking Courses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

It’s almost October, and that means it’s time to start thinking about what courses to take in the Winter term. It may seem hard to think that far ahead when the fall term just started, but we feel you – so we made a list of important resources to help make your decision.

1. Schedule of Classes ADM

To be honest, I’m not even sure what the official name for this website is, but it is a godsend. You can search all the classes that are offered by specifying the term, the subject and the course number. It’s also really useful for planning way ahead and thinking about what’s most likely going to be offered in the spring term. Chances are, it’ll be similar to what was offered last spring.

2. UWFlow

I CANNOT STRESS THIS SITE ENOUGH. Especially to all the first years who have just come to Waterloo, trust me when I say that this website has saved many lives. You can search courses and explore which ones are popular, easy, taken by friends etc. It’s nice to have the students vote on how useful and easy the course was. It also shows any prerequisites, times classes are offered and which professors are teaching it. If you click the professor’s name, it’ll show students’ feedback and rating of them.

My personal favourite thing about this website is the fact that students can comment on the course and give helpful advice.

3. Rate My Prof

To be honest, I use this site as a backup to UWFlow. It’s usually where I go to if I can’t find info on a prof, or if the prof has transferred from another school. If you are posting a review, just be cautious as some professors actually go and read what’s said about them.

4. Quest

I agree, Quest can sometimes be hard to navigate, but it’s definitely the most important one on this list. This is where you actually submit your course selection and pre-enrolment. You’re able to search for classes and add them into your cart for when add/drop period comes around.

If you need extra help, most of your Quest questions are answered here.

Good luck to all students selecting courses for winter term! It’s really important to select your courses now so you’re not having to see what’s open last minute. The deadline for Winter 2018 course selection is Tuesday, October 3rd!

I enjoy naps, cake and sarcasm. Besides that I'm in Honours Science at the University of Waterloo!
Stephanie is a University of Waterloo alumni. In her spare time, she loves filming and creating YouTube videos. Check out her YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bizzarosmeszaros