Why My Mom Will Always Be My Greatest Role Model

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

via Pinterest

To my dear Mama, who has shown me how strong a mother is, the beauty of hard work, how to be the best wife, daughter and sister, and the significant qualities a person should have. Since the very first day of my life, I have seen the greatest model right in front of me…and I am truly grateful to have you as my mother.

You are the strongest.

“You keep standing still and don’t let anyone take the beautiful smile from you.”

I remember you said that when some people in school put me down because of who I was. You instantly noticed that I was having a bad day when you made the routine “checking-in” phone call (because you were working full-time and could not be home at 4 pm) and listened to every detail of my story. You hugged me so tight when you came back the night and told me what a wonderful person I was. Just like you used to do when I was a baby, you looked at me right in the eyes and said, “you are the smartest, the strongest, and the most beautiful girl in the whole world.” I felt that I could be Wonder Woman because you truly believed in me.

You are the most charming.

Everywhere you go, you attract people with your sweet personality and create your own community around you. At your work (as a teacher), you know everyone from the students in your classes to custodians and administrative staff. I give all the credit to you whenever someone gives me a compliment for being friendly or approachable……I just grew up watching you. At home, you are definitely the most lovable person. The way you interact with us and react to our everyday stories gives me the feeling you are forever young inside. I especially like how you love Papa, your husband: you always smile and giggle secretly whenever he calls you. After over 25 years of marriage, you are still the most beautiful lady in the crowd with whom my dad fell in love. I really wish I can be as charming as you someday.

You are the most supportive.

“I know you can do this, but even if things don’t go right, you are still my dearest treasure.”

You are the reason why I keep challenging myself. You remind me that I always have home to go back to and family who will support me no matter what. At the beginning of college life, it was quite difficult for me to adapt to the new environment. Indeed, I considered changing my major or even dropping out; I struggled with the gap between my expectation and the reality, and everything seemed to be not working. But you told me how proud you were that I had made it to that far although I was falling down. You did not know how much that meant to me. If anyone can say that I am unstoppable and brave, that is because of you.

You are the most caring.

Mother, wife, daughter, sister, teacher, friend…in every role you are in, you put others the first. You are absolutely selfless. The outstanding patience and dedication you have towards everything are the reasons why you could raise two daughters while being a very supportive wife as well as being a full-time worker with 4 hours of commuting every day for more than 20 years. I have always admired you for this.

You are the best mother.

Above everything, you are the most perfect mother anyone would dream of. You have taught me how to be a wonderful human being and treat others with full of respect by caring and giving unconditional love to two daughters (who are sometimes very crazy and reckless). I may not tell you as often as I should, but you are always my greatest model as a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and person. My life would not be the same or I would not be who I am today without you. Simply and truly, thank you for everything.  

Happy Mother’s Day!

You are the strongest, most charming, most supportive, most caring and the best mother in the whole world.

Mama, I love you.