This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Although it seems like spring quarter just started, we’re already in the midst of midterm season. While fall quarter is probably the last thing on our minds, registration is fast approaching. Depending on your class standing, most people will register between May 9 and May 20. 

As registration approaches each quarter, I like to browse through MyPlan and see what courses I might be interested in taking. I usually don’t make a decision until the night before my registration date in case classes fill up, but it’s still fun to look. Here are some of my recommendations for fun classes to take in the fall based on classes I’ve taken or am hoping to take. 

Nutrition 200: Nutrition for Today

I took this class during fall quarter and really enjoyed it! It’s a four credit class that meets 3 days a week and has a discussion section. The exams and assignments weren’t too challenging and the material was interesting. I also took English 299, the writing link, which helped me meet people and make connections in the class. 

Psychology 210: The Diversity of Human Sexuality

While I haven’t taken this class yet, I have heard great things about it from the people who have taken it. I hope to take this class in the fall or at some point in the future. The topics discussed in the class include sexuality, behavior, sexual health, reproduction, and more. I think this is a class everyone should take to learn more about their bodies and their health, especially if your high school did not have comprehensive sexual education. 

Political Science 201: Introduction To Political Theory

I am hoping to take a political science class this fall: since my major requires that I take one and since they all seem so interesting. I’ve heard good things about this class in particular from people who’ve taken it. There are also so many other interesting introductory political science courses as well!

Art 190: Introduction To Drawing

Lots of my friends are currently taking art classes to satisfy their VLPA credits. They all really enjoy having a creative outlet to balance their course loads. In Art 190, they have done a lot of still life drawings, and I’ve loved getting to see my friend’s work. There are so many other art classes, like ceramics, that you can also take to get VLPA credits. 

Registration always seems like a daunting task. I always try to take it as an opportunity to explore new classes that I might not have otherwise taken. Remember to be flexible and to find some balance in your schedule when you go to register. 

Nicole Green

Washington '25

Nicole Green is a junior at the University of Washington studying Public Health - Global Health with the goal of attending medical school in the future. She balances her academics with time for herself by cooking, baking, hiking, traveling, playing volleyball at the IMA, and spending time with friends and family. Outside of school, Nicole has been a member of Her Campus since her freshman year, and this is her second year as Contributing Editor. She also works for a research study on campus, is involved in Dance Marathon, volunteers at Seattle Children’s Hospital, and is involved in the Greek Community. Check out her articles to see how she balances all of her involvements and why she has loved her time at UW so far!