These Clubs’ Food Fundraisers Will Keep You Alive During Dead Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Can you believe it’s dead week again already? It feels like the quarter just started!

But to be honest, if anyone is ready for Winter Quarter to end, it’s me. I am so over this rainy and gray weather, waking up to sad dark skies and going home hours later to sad, even darker skies. We’ve got two more weeks to survive and then it’s Spring Break! Whether you’re off to Hawaii with your friends or going back home to see your family or just staying in Seattle, it’s going to be a week of freedom that we all deserve.

But before we get there, we’ve got to get through dead week and finals first.

From March 6 to March 9, multiple organizations on campus will be hosting fundraisers to keep you alive during this dead week. There also seems to be a common theme…can you guess what it is?

Monday, March 5 – Wednesday, March 7

Delta Epsilon Mu is hosting a Costco dinner party for THREE whole days!

You can find them tabling at Ode, where you’ll probably be studying anyway. Take a break, go find them, and enjoy some pizza, chicken bakes, and churros!

Check out their Facebook Event page for more details: The Costco Dinner Dead Week Fundraiser | Delta Epsilon Mu

Tuesday, March 6

And the Costco party continues with Lambda Phi Epsilon! They are bringing bakes to keep you awake, how thoughtful. How did they know this is just what we need? 

From 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM on Tuesday, find them tabling outside on Red Square selling chicken bakes for $5 each!

Check out their Facebook Event page for more details: Chicken Bakes to Keep You Awake

Tuesday, March 6

Okay, so maybe you partied with DEM on Monday with pizza, got a chicken bake from Lambdas on Tuesday and now you’re really feeling something sweet. But what can you get…

Leaders Del Furtuo got your back! 

They have a pan dulce sale on Tuesday. If you didn’t know, pan dulce is the name for a variety of sweet Mexican pastries, such as sweet bread.

Find them on Red Square from bright and early at 8:30 AM all the way until 3:30 PM if you don’t get that sweet craving until later. But don’t go too late because they’re only tabling until they sell out and I have a feeling they’re going to be a pretty popular table on Tuesday. 

They will be selling pan dulce for $2 for one or $3 for two and accept both venmo and cash so you really don’t have an excuse to satisfy your cravings.

Check out their Facebook Event page for more details: Get Fueled for Finals! — LDF Pan Dulce Sale

Wednesday, March 7

On Wednesday, it’s Betas to the rescue! Sigma Lambda Betas, that is. Once you’re all physically fueled up from the amazing Costco food and sweet sweet pan dulce, it’s time for some mental fueling too.

For only $5, brothers of Sigma Lambda Beta will be selling care packages just in time for finals week. Buy one for your friend to help get them through finals or buy one for yourself because self care is important.

Check out their Facebook Event page for more details: Finals Care Packages

Thursday, March 8

Costco pizza makes a comeback and boy am I happy about it.

Global Public Health Brigades will be selling Costco pizza outside of Ode on Thursday, March 8 from 6:30 PM to whenever they sell out. Help them fundraise for their summer trip to Honduras where they will be working with community members and families to improve their health conditions by building in-home infrastructure projects.

Types: Cheese, Pepperoni, Combo

Prices: 1 for $3, 2 for $5

ONE WHOLE PIZZA: $20

If you buy the whole pizza, please invite me to this beautiful party you are throwing, thank you. 

Check out their Facebook Event page for more details: Costco Pizza at Ode!

Friday, March 9

Ah, the end of dead week and we’ve all survived. Barely.

Are you sick of Costco food yet? There’s a right answer and it’s no. No one could ever be sick of Costco food. Do you miss the chicken bakes and churros that were sold in the beginning of the week? Well worry not because Sigma Psi Zeta is making all your wishes come true.

Celebrate the end of dead week with more Costco food!

The last day of dead week is usually the hardest and we know some of y’all have finals on Saturday. To really get you to cross that finish line (into finals week), the other Costco foods are making a return and I’m not even mad that I’m literally going to only eat Costco food for all of dead week.

Right outside of Ode from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM, sisters of Sigma Psi Zeta will be selling pizza, chicken bakes, and churros!

All of the proceeds will be going towards their annual event, Step Out Against Domestic Violence Showcase which will be taking place in the HUB Lyceum on May 19th! The goal of the show is to raise awareness about domestic violence and will include amazing step performances, much like the movie Step Sisters. Save that date because I heard the show is going to be pretty lit.

Check out their Facebook Event page for more details: ΣΨΖ Rho Chapter | Late Night Costco Dinner Fundraiser

By the end of the week, I’ll probably be in a food coma in Ode, sleeping on one of the tables with Costco food running through my veins and to be honest, if that’s not living, I don’t know what is.

Remember how I mentioned there was a common theme to all these fundraisers?

Think you have an answer?

Was it Costco?

Good job, you aced my test just like you’re going to ace all of your finals because you are amazing!

But the answer was also happiness, because Costco is just happiness.

Good luck on finals everyone! See ya on the other side.