Online Steals to Avoid Getting Trampled on Black Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Ah, yes, Thanksgiving dinner has wrapped up and you’ve survived yet another year of a big family gathering—and escaped with minimal bruises from all that drama these dinners come with. But the clock is ticking and you’re already thinking about those Black Friday deals. Who knows what scratches you’ll get from fighting for that super cute pair of Jimmy Choos?

Stores are opening earlier and earlier every year for Black Friday. In the olden days, it actually began Friday morning after we’ve all had a little time for that stuffing to digest, but now, these stores are opening as early as 9:00 PM on Thursday night! Ridiculous! How do they expect us to fight for deals when we’ve all got food babies that need nurturing and food comas we need to sleep off? And what about actually spending time with our families? How about we all just skip the line this year, not get trampled, and instead do some serious online shopping from the couch (which is where we truly want to be anyway)?

Here are some great deals going on this year to get you started:

Amazon

Already have your eyes set on electronics? Have you always fancied that Echo Dot that everyone’s been raving about? Well you’re in luck! Amazon will be selling the Echo Dot for just $29.99, saving you $20. But Echo Dot isn’t the only thing to look out for. Amazon will have other amazong (get it?) deals going on as well such as for the Kindle and Cloud Cam.

ASOS

This online clothing brand is famous for its decent quality clothing at reasonable prices. They always have sales going on, but this Black Friday, they are being super generous by offering 60% off for all women’s clothing and 60% off for jeans, chinos, sweats, and shirts for men. If you really can’t wait for Black Friday, you can head to their outlets now for up to 70% off.

BANANA REPUBLIC

Going for that chic look? From Wednesday, November 22 all the way until Sunday, November 26 Banana Republic is offering 50% off on all regular priced items. Also, FYI, if you buy something and later on find it for a cheaper price, you can take that item back to the store and they will refund you the difference.

Best Buy

Macbooks and iMacs will be sold for $800 each, a whole $200 off. The XBox One S Console bundle will be sold at $190. If you’re getting into cooking, KitchenAid mixer will only be $200. 

COACH

Catch 30% off at Coach on new arrivals for both men and women from now until Cyber Monday!

DISNEY

The most magical website on earth is also having a Black Friday sale! Save hundreds on favorites right now. Part II begins on November 15, Part III on November 17, Part IV on November 19, and finally Part V  on November 21. Disney is really making us anticipate all the surprises they have in store for us.

EXPRESS

Don’t we all have that love-hate relationship with Express? Love their dresses. Hate their prices. But their designs are so cute, they’re hard to resist. Well resist no more my friends, because Express is offering 25% off every $100 purchase with the code 2431 as well as pre-Black Friday sales going on RIGHT NOW!

FOREVER 21

This fan-favorite is getting a head-start by having pre-Black Friday deals on their website right now. Lowkey started online shopping myself after finding out about this. No shame.

FRENCH CONNECTION

Has anyone else misread their brand logo F C U K  as an inappropriate word? No? Just me? Okay. Well, by using code FCBF40, you’ll get 40% off sitewide, which makes me think of a certain inappropriate word right before “YES,” appropriate for this joyous sale.

GOOD AMERICAN

Be a good American. Eat that turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. Go Black Friday shopping. Feel like Khloe Kardashian for 40% off sitewide at Good American with code SALE40 from November 21 to November 27!

GYMSHARK

Okay, Gymshark has been really making a name for themselves in the athleisure world. With new years coming up and of course new years resolutions, we all need that extra motivation to hit the gym so why not buy some super cute and comfy gym clothes to prep? Starting Monday November 20th, Gymshark will be 50% off everything 3PM UK time. Go snatch those deals and snap those instagrammable belfies.

H&M

Oh our beloved H&M. Affordable and good quality. H&M don’t play when it comes to Black Friday. They’ll be offering 70% select items, but 30% off sitewide starting Monday, November 27-28th.

LANE BRYANT

This empowering brand will be offering 40% off sitewide from November 22 all the way until Cyber Monday.

Madewell

Good news for you if you’re a Madewell Insider! You get 25% off before anyone else in stores starting Sunday, Novemver 19th! But if you’re not down to get trampled, keep waiting for their Cyber Monday sales. We hear it’s going to be a good one.

Macy’s

I don’t know why, but for some reason Macy’s always reminds me of Christmas. Maybe it’s their lavish decorations or simply their red and white colors. Whatever it is, Christmas definitely came early this year a Macy’s with 25% sitewide. Hurry and use their code HURRY from Monday, November 20th until Saturday, November 25th!

Nordstrom

Nordstrom is everyone’s best friend. This year, they’re offering an extra 20% off select sale items throughout Black Friday weekend. This deal starts online on Thanksgiving Day and lasts until Sunday, November 29 leading into Cyber Monday. De-stress from baking that turkey on Thanksgiving Day and do some online shopping. I know you’ve been eyeing that cute jumpsuit for a while now.

SAKS OFF 5TH

For when you can’t actually go shop til ya drop on 5th Avenue in New York City, check out their website for 50% off cashmeres, sweaters, and more!

SHOPBOP

Bop bop bop, bop to the top! Bop bop bop all the way to Shopbop because they will be marking down certain items from Tuesday, November 21 until Sunday, November 26 so keep an eye out for their deals.

UNIQLO

Catch an early Black Friday from Uniqlo until November 22. Their puffer jackets at $30 off, just in time for winter, which in Seattle looks like it’ll be extra cold this year. I guess 2017 is the year of extra, even for Mother Nature.

Victoria’s Secret

What’s Black Friday without hitting up our favorite lingerie store? Victoria’s Secret is offering a variety of gifts and sales this season. For a limited time there will be 40% off select bras and sport collection as well as the 7 for $28 panties deal. You can also get free slippers for every PJ set you buy, a $29.50 value. Also between now until November 27, get a $20 gift card with a $40 purchase. Also be sure to catch their annual VS Fashion Show taking place in Shanghai this year.

Happy shopping, everyone—all from the comfort of your very own bed!