New Year’s Eve Alternatives

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

With 2015 drawing to a close, everyone’s getting ready for that New Year’s Eve party – drinking champagne and wearing glittery dresses, all while watching the ball drop on TV. But what if you just don’t feel like attending a party, or didn’t get invited to one? Worse yet, what if you don’t have that significant other to kiss after the countdown? No fear – there are other fun activities you can do to ring in the new year!

If you’re a socialite but want to stay in the comfort of your own home, invite friends over and get together to write New Year’s resolutions! As a group, you can brainstorm ideas and reflect on what you want to change in 2016, what worked out this past year, and what you want to improve. Of course, sharing these goals with friends will allow you all to keep each other accountable for these resolutions and to not stray from them this coming year.

If making New Year’s resolutions aren’t your thing, get together with friends to have a New Year’s baking party. There’s nothing better than chilling in your pajamas and getting covered from head-to-toe in flour. You can make fun NYE cookies and munch on them as you watch the ball drop!

And since it’s the New Year, why not start off the year by hosting a clothing-swap? New year, new you, right? You and your friends can do a clothing swap with each other, or just get rid of clothes you don’t want anymore and donate them to your local Goodwill. This is a more physical way of reflecting on your fashion choices and purging the old year in preparation for 2016.

Already feeling productive and ready to refresh your life for 2016? Go through old Facebook photos and delete things that are embarrassing! Delete those friends you don’t want to stay connected with, or unfollow people you don’t really care about on Instagram. With this, you’ll be ready to socialize on media with people you truly want to stay connected with in 2016 and get a better focus on your relationships. You can do this with friends or by yourself.

Of course, you and your friends can always have a movie night, or even just Netflixing a show you all want to start in 2016 (we all know that’s a never-ending list!). Pop that bottle of Martinelli’s Apple Cider, microwave your popcorn, and you’re set for the night.

There’s nothing wrong with cuddling in with a good book; it is winter break and you do have time to read for fun! Pick up that bestseller you’ve been meaning to read for ages, and finish it before school starts back up again!

What will you be doing on New Year’s Eve this year?