This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

1) Nintendo Switch

As any other college student at the start of quarantine, I really wanted to get a Nintendo Switch. I finally got one and it has honestly been fun to divert my stress from my classes to getting stressed over not being able to get through the next level in New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe. I grew up being a huge fan of Nintendo and particularly the Mario games, so I have been entertained the past few weeks from racing in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to playing Super Mario Party with my family during the weekend.

A game I have been slowly still trying to still get the hang of is Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I have never previously played any other versions of this game, but I kept seeing the hype online at the start of quarantine last March and I was just too damn curious. It does get some getting used to, but I enjoy having my own island to take care of.

2) Five Crowns

Five Crowns is a card game that was introduced to me this past month. According to the PlayMonster website it is a, “five-suited rummy-style card game that appeals to a wide array of card players.”

It did take me a few rounds to get the hang of the game, but it can get addicting quickly. It does require you to do some math calculations after each round, but other than that it has been an interesting addition to my family game nights.

3) Baking

Rainbow Sprinkle Donuts Close Up
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

I love baking and recently I have been really into making mini donuts. A good friend of mine gifted me a mini donut maker for Christmas and it has been amazing and super easy to use. So far, I have made Cinnamon Sugar and Red Velvet mini donuts. I find baking enjoyable and it sure has taken up some of my time when I am craving something sweet.

Stephanie is currently a sophomore at the Univeristy of Washington. She is originally from a small town in Eastern Washington. She intends to major in Law, Societies and Justice. In her free time, she enjoys looking at nice puppy content and listening to music.