Sample Estee Lauder products held in front of a pool.
Original photo by Isabelle Goodwin
Style > Beauty

Five Summer Beauty Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Brighter days are ahead! With spring in full swing and summer just around the corner, it’s time to bust out the warm-weather beauty must-haves. Bring these five products with you to summer, and you’ll be able to pull off the flawless, glowy look for any beach day or night on the town! 

1. Mineral Sunscreen

Mineral, reef-safe sunscreen is going to be your best friend during summer time. Not only is it important to take care of your skin this summer, it is so crucial to be conscious of how our beauty products have environmental impacts. Most chemical sunscreens contain oxybenzone and octinoxate, which are harmful to the health of our beautiful coral reefs. Mineral sunscreen, on the other hand, contains products like zinc that make our skin and the ocean happy! My go-to sunscreen is the Lani & Kai Carry On! It sits lightly on my skin and helps me be environmentally conscious all summer long. 

2. Olaplex bonding oil

This has been one of my favorite hair products throughout the spring season. The Olaplex Bonding Oil helps me achieve the effortless-seeming, clean, cool-girl hairstyle. From a low bun to a high-pony, this hair oil reduces frizziness, while restoring damaged hair! Snag one of these from Sephora just in time for beachfront summer dinners! 

3. The perfect blush

Rather than causing some harm to your skin by getting a bad sunburn, try out a fun and glowy blush to bring out that natural sun-kissed look that you’ve been craving! My recent favorite has been the Pixi On-the-Glow Blush stick. This blush is so easy to apply as it acts almost like a sunscreen stick. The color lasts all day long and helps me achieve a fun, summer look without having to do any tanning! Pro tip: this blush is perfect for summer travels! The shape of the stick makes it easy to throw in any carry-on or makeup bag.

4. fresh & floral perfumes

Before you head out of the house for a day out in the sun, spray on some fresh and floral scents. These will bring out the airy, light vibes of summer. From Daisy by Marc Jacobs to Jo Malone’s Peony & Blush, you’ll be sure to have a signature summer scent! 

5. Glowy glosses

Complete your hot girl summer look with a glowy gloss! If you’re looking for something that enhances your natural pigments, check out Glow Recipe’s Lip Pop Lip Balm. This lip balm helps hydrate your lips, while bringing out a fun pop of color. Another great summer lip product is the Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm! I’ve been loving this problem all spring. Its peachy color is the perfect match to any spring or summer outfit. 

Bring out the summer-aesthetics with bright glosses, safe sunscreens, and floral scents! Get ready to take on summer with these five beauty must-haves!

Koren Kano

Washington '26

Koren is a sophomore at the UW this fall and is from Honolulu, Hawai'i. She loves spending time outdoors on hikes or at the beach, and enjoys writing about all things fashion, lifestyle, and experiences.