Life > Experiences

Five Fav Date Spots in Seattle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

The gloomy skies and constant rain might not market Seattle that well as a city full of love, but its range of quirky, cozy, and elegant date spots says otherwise. From hidden gems near the iconic Pike Place Market to experience-dates right in the U-District area, Seattle has it all. Next time you find yourself looking for a new restaurant, experience, or activity to try out with your favorite person, check out this list of Seattle date spots! 

1. Pink Door

Tucked away in Post Alley in Pike Place Market, this charming Italian restaurant is the perfect lunch or dinner date destination. More often than not, you will need to make a dinner reservation weeks in advance, but I promise it is worth the wait. The Pink Door Lasagna and cesar salad made me want to put in a standing reservation there. With live music, tons of photo-ops, and a great view of the waterfront, Pink Door earns the first spot on this date spot list. 

2. Elm Candle Bar

An aesthetically pleasing, aroma-filled bonding experience that is sure to bring you and your partner closer awaits you in Capitol Hill. Elm Candle Bar is such a unique experience date to go on! You and your partner can pick out scents (for yourself or for each other), spend an hour or so mixing them, adding wax, and picking out exterior designs for your candles! It’s about $45 per item, but with a range of scents to choose from, and the cutest candle to take home, it is worth it. 

3. Paint the town

Located in University Village, Paint the Town is an easy, fast, and more affordable experience date! You can create a piece of art with your partner, surprise each other, or create something for yourself. From dinner plates to mugs to vases, there is something for everyone at this spot. 

4. Brunch in the U-district

Brunch dates are the best kinds of dates! There’s nothing better than sharing a sweet dish and a savory one with your partner on a lazy Sunday morning. Thankfully, the U-District is home to a variety of brunch spots, so you’ll never have to go to the same place twice. Some of my favorites include Portage Bay Cafe, Cafe on the Ave, and Agua Verde. Each of these places have different specialities, but you’ll leave any of them feeling full and happy. 

5. Picnic

One of my favorite things about Seattle is how it is such a picnic city. There are so many picturesque picnic sites around the general Seattle area, making this one of the best dates to go on. If you’re looking for somewhere close to the UW, check out Green Lake or even the Cut in the springtime! 

Seattle is one of the best places to experience dates of every kind: experience-based, food-centered, or outdoors. Make sure to refer to this list the next time you’re planning a date with your someone special!

Koren Kano

Washington '26

Koren is a sophomore at the UW this fall and is from Honolulu, Hawai'i. She loves spending time outdoors on hikes or at the beach, and enjoys writing about all things fashion, lifestyle, and experiences.