This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

We’ve all heard about astrology and how our zodiac signs reflect our emotions, but have you heard about Enneagrams? Your Enneagram is basically a number on a scale from 1-9 based on traits that build up your personality. Each category is completely different and learning about where you lie on the chart can explain the reasoning behind your decisions. I’ve always been a hard-core believer in astrology, so I was curious to see what Enneagrams were all about. 

After taking the test and getting my results, I’ve learned so much about my personality and why I think the way I do. There are many resources on the internet that provide free tests and you can even pay for an in depth analysis of your data. The test I took is from truity.com, which I highly recommend. I’ve created summaries of each personality type with all of the information provided by the Enneagram Institute along with some celebrities who fit within each category. Hopefully, reading this will spark your interest in finding out where you fit on the chart! 

Type 1: The Reformer/The Perfectionist  

Reformers are considered perfectionists who are always striving to become better versions of themselves. They can become impatient pretty quickly and hope to be good enough for others to the point where criticism can’t be made about them. Overall, they are realistic, organized and full of joy. Interestingly, Martha Stewart and Prince Charles are Type 1 Enneagrams. 

Type 2: The Helper/The Giver 

Just like it says in the name, a Type 2 Enneagram wants to be surrounded with people and be helpful. They strive for success but are willing to stop what they’re doing to support someone else. Expressing emotions is a natural trait, yet they fear being unworthy. Eleanor Roosevelt and Danny Glover are both classified as Type 2 Enneagrams. 

Type 3: The Achiever 

Achievers are known for being both full of energy and charming. They love to impress people and be liked by everyone, but it’s also important for them to stand out in a crowd. Like the Type 2, they are also scared of being worthless. Will Smith and Anne Hathaway are both Type 3 Enneagrams. 

Type 4: The Individualist 

Type 4 Enneagrams are quite rare and are the most introverted among the categories. While they care heavily about the opinions of others, they are the most creative and are easily inspired. Anne Frank and Johnny Depp are both Individualists. 

Type 5: The Investigator 

Investigators are curious problem solvers. They are independent and are good at finding multiple solutions to problems. They tend to care highly about environmental issues and can also have trouble dealing with stress. Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking are Investigators. 

Type 6: The Loyalist/The Skeptic 

Type 6 Enneagrams find comfort in security. They are trustworthy and responsible, but also seek guidance 24/7. Eminem and Sarah Jessica Parker fall in this category. 

Type 7: The Enthusiast 

Sevens are very extroverted and are always down to try new things as it doesn’t fear them. They love freedom and are highly spiritual but are easily distracted. Miley Cyrus and Leonardo DiCaprio are Enthusiasts. 

Type 8: The Challenger 

People who fall into this category aren’t afraid of debates or criticism. Full of confidence, they love to be in control of things, but to also be inspired. They fear other’s control as they like to take their own path on things. Serena Williams and Dr. Phil are Challengers. 

Type 9: The Peacemaker 

Peacemakers like to make sure everyone in the room is included and are willing to be selfless in order to let someone else’s voice be heard. They are creative but can also be quite stubborn, too. Morgan Freeman and Janet Jackson are both Type 9 Enneagrams. 

Jodhi James

Washington '21

Jodhi is a member of the writing team at Her Campus. She is studying English and has always had a love for reading and writing. In her free time she enjoys exploring new cafes and having fun with friends in the city.