Breakfast to Dinner Food Crawl Through the UW Area

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

From sunrise to sunset, the UW area has a plethora of food and dining options fit for every college student’s needs. From hole-in-the-wall 2AM lifesaving meals to Instagram-worthy brunches, you’ll be sure to find something that hits the spot around here. Here’s my guide to a breakfast to dinner food crawl, starting at the Ave and ending with a sweet treat at UVille. 

Cafe Solstice

For a quick, on-the-go breakfast, check out Cafe Solstice. Located on the Ave, this beloved cafe serves all the best teas, coffees, and lattes for an early morning study sesh or a fun treat for 9AM lectures. Open from 6:30 AM on weekdays and 7:00 AM on weekends, Cafe Solstice makes for the perfect early bird breakfast stop. 

Bulldog News & Cafe

Feeling snacky? If you have time between lectures swing by Bulldog News & Cafe. The aesthetics of the cafe will make you feel like a romcom journalist, snacking on a croissant in between meetings. Their array of baked goods, from breakfast sandwiches to muffins to scones makes this stop all the more worthwhile. 

U:Don

One of my favorite lunch spots (and restaurants in general) in the area is U:Don. This udon restaurant is especially wonderful on cold, rainy days when all you want to eat is something warm. The fast-paced, cafeteria-style nature of U:Don makes this an easy grab-and-go option. However, they also have a nice dining area if you prefer a sit-down meal. 

Elemental Pizza

Head over to the University Village for a fun dinner with friends! Elemental Pizza is one of my go-to spots in UVille when I’m feeling like some much needed carbs. Their fresh-made wood fired pizzas never miss! Some of my favorites from their menu are the SMH Baked Potato Pie pizza and the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad! You can never go wrong with this menu! 

Hello Robin

Finally, for the perfect dessert to end the night, make a visit at Hello Robin, located near Shake Shack in UVille. Their cookies are both affordable and adorable. Treat yourself to a cookie box filled with homemade favorites like their Birthday Cake cookie, the Makles’more, and the Classic Chocolate Chip. 

Whether you’re looking for a new study/snacking spot or want to try out some sweet treats, the UW area has it all! Follow this food crawl to satisfy all your cravings! 

Koren Kano

Washington '26

Koren is a sophomore at the UW this fall and is from Honolulu, Hawai'i. She loves spending time outdoors on hikes or at the beach, and enjoys writing about all things fashion, lifestyle, and experiences.