This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

As we get closer and closer to finals week, students begin the desperate search for a great spot to study. Every student has their own preferences, some like places that are loud and other like locations that are quiet and secluded. However, one thing is certain, everyone has a different opinion and there are dozens of locations from which to choose. This is a list of six of the best places to study around UW and hopefully one of them might just help you prep for that next big exam or get a good start on that research paper.

(http://theodysseyonline.com/oregon-state/5-stages-finals-week-procrastin…)

1. East Asia Library: Perhaps the most recommended spot for students looking to study off the beaten path is the East Asia Library. The library is centrally located, has decent light and lots of stacks to hide among if that’s what you prefer. As an added bonus, it is not especially well known among students and is likely to be significantly less crowded than most other choices.

2. Allen Library: While this library doesn’t have the best hours for late night studying, it is a great place to stop by if you have time to kill between classes. The library is actually attached to Suzzalo so you could even head over there if there are no spots open. Allen is really well lit has a large choice of chairs, and has great people watching from several windows if you need a quick break from your work.

3. Foster Business Library: This library is sometimes known as the “Greek library” because of its proximity to the Greek Community and the number of fraternity and sorority students who make it their studying home. However, this doesn’t detract from its appeal as a great study spot that is quiet, has study rooms available and offers a café just upstairs. Plus the building is pretty close to North campus residences and this makes getting there fairly easy.

4. Gallagher Law Library: More commonly known as Law, this library is a great place to study if you want a well-lit and incredibly silent room. Since this building is for law students, the vast majority of them are graduates who do not talk much when studying so it is a bit more peaceful than the more popular Odegaard or Suzzalo. However, be sure to show up early as spots go quick!

5. A Classroom: The may seem like a bit of a strange suggestion but I have many friends whose favorite way to study is by hunkering down in a classroom all evening. The rooms are big and quiet and obviously, there is an abundance of them on campus. A great place to look for open rooms is in most of the buildings on the quad, just make sure you know when they close for the night!

6. Your Bed: Call me crazy but this is actually my personal favorite space to study. People make fun of me (and apparently science says it isn’t great for your sleep habits) but I love working in my bed! I prop myself with lots of pillows and find it really easy to get lots of studying done. Plus, there’s the added bonus that I can snack and even play music aloud without bothering anyone.

I hope that this article introduced you to a couple of new places to study. Just make sure if you are on campus late that you are safe when walking home and always have a friend or use one of UWs many late night services such as Night Right. All of that information as well as the locations of the study spots can be found online. Happy studying!