This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

We’ve all been there – you want to bake something sweet to eat, but you also don’t want to spend two to three hours in the kitchen making it. Spring is upon us, and as we spend more time completing assignments and midterms those late night snack sessions are bound to make a comeback. Here are four easy, and more importantly, fast recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth!

1. Lemon Poppyseed Bread

This bread is incredible; however, this recipe requires some pre-planning but only takes about an hour and a half to make altogether. This does require some more specific items and techniques, so if you’re wanting something a bit more complex I recommend this. Consider including these items ahead of time on your grocery list, and when you are able to make it, enjoy!

2. Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies are a staple snack and are also really easy and quick to make. I made these last week and they turned out amazing – right after they come out of the oven, I sprinkle a touch of sea salt on top to balance the sweetness. I’d also recommend halving the recipe if you’re making these just for yourself (and it’ll cut down the time, too). 

3. Banana Bread

Have some old and ripe bananas sitting out, waiting to be thrown away? Perfect! This recipe only takes about an hour and is fairly self-explanatory – mix the dry ingredients, mix the wet ingredients separately, combine, and then bake!

4. Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes

This recipe uses a box vanilla cake mix and strawberry jam, items that you probably already have in your kitchen. The icing requires a little more work, but buying a jar of premade frosting will also work (and taste) just fine. It only takes a little more than a half hour to make, and are the perfect answer to a sweet and tangy spring snack!

So, take a break from all that studying you’ve been doing, turn up the music, and start baking to reward yourself from all that hard work!

Katelyn Berquist

Washington '21

Katelyn is a senior studying Education and English at the University of Washington. She enjoys drinking coffee, studying around campus, and writing articles for Her Campus!