This Christmas a friend gifted me a small stack of twenty cards with positive affirmations written on them, all wrapped in a bow. I had never been much for positive affirmations, mostly because I would get up in the morning tired and annoyed and simply just forget to do them. And yet, every time I did buck up the courage to stand in front of the mirror and recite positive affirmations I always felt better afterward.
When I remember (which isn’t as often as I’d like but I’m working on it), I recite these affirmations. It makes me feel understood by myself and empowered to conquer life. My goal is to inspire those reading this to do so as well or at least inspire them to search for ways to show love and care for themselves.
If you don’t know what positive affirmations are, they are the “practice of positive thinking and self-empowerment—fostering a belief that "a positive mental attitude supported by affirmations will achieve success in anything.” Basically, you say nice things about yourself, which leads to confidence which leads to a better life performance overall. For me, it’s a way to combat the terrible things I end up saying to myself all day.
If you feel like trying this out, here are 20 positive affirmations to get you started. ?
- I attract joy, happiness, and abundance.
- My contributions are unique and meaningful.
- My feelings, thoughts, and experiences are valid.
- I observe my thoughts and actions without judging them.
- I am healing and growing every day.
- I allow myself to be happy.
- I trust myself along with my inner wisdom and intuition.
- I know exactly what I need to do to achieve success.
- I am doing my best and that is enough.
- I am confident in myself and the roles I fulfill.
- I forgive myself.
- I can and I will.
- I approve of myself and love myself deeply and completely.
- Mistakes and setbacks are stepping stone to my success because I learn from them.
- I believe in the person that I am becoming.
- I choose to be proud of myself.
- I am a power-house, I am indestructible.
- I am a powerful, intelligent, and beautiful person.
- I am always authentically myself.
- I accept myself for the way I am.