12 Reasons That Staying In Is More Fun Than Going Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Sure, going out to Greek row or to the city on Thursday and Friday nights with your friends is always a good time, but the cold weather outside begs another question- why not just stay indoors? And after a long week of studying, school, and midterms, sometimes a girl deserves a night in, which is nothing to be ashamed of! If you’re still not convinced, here’s 12 reasons why staying in is way better than going out. 

via Pinterest

1) Your bed. The most comfortable place on the planet. There literally are not enough hours in the day for a girl to spend in bed, and you should definitely make some time for your bed because it’s one of the best relationships you can have. 

2) You don’t have to pretend you can dance. Unless you’re a super good dancer, parties aren’t your favorite place to get down. Indoors, you don’t have to worry about faking some moves, because there’s no one there to impress! 

3) You can wear whatever you want. If you go out, chances are you’ll be wearing clothing that’s uncomfortable in some way, especially when you’re in a hot room with hundreds of other people brushing up against you. But at home, you can wear a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt from high school and no one will be any wiser. 

4) Foooood. Thanks to apps like Postmates and uberEATS, you don’t even have to leave your room to get nice warm pizza or gyros delivered almost to your door. Whereas at a party… stay away from anything that looks edible. It might not be. 

via Pinterest

5) Netflix. Netflixing it up on a Friday night with your favorite TV shows is a great source of comfort. Getting all bundled up in blankets with your laptop on your lap is a great way to wind down after a long week. Bonus: it’s a scientifically proven fact that falling asleep while watching TV is definitely the most comfortable way to fall asleep. 

6) It’s warm in your room (hopefully)! And it’s cold outside. Need I say more? 

7) No hangovers! Waking up after a night of hard partying almost always brings with it the dreaded hangover. But if you stay inside, you won’t have to deal with your parched throat and headaches at all, because they won’t be there! 

8) No makeup. You don’t have to spend hours on the perfect contour or to glue thick false eyelashes to your already perfect ones. You don’t have to awkwardly sip drinks so your lipstick doesn’t get everywhere. You don’t even have to brush your hair. If you’re indoors, there’s literally no one to judge your appearance, and no one to impress except yourself. 

9) No money spent. Money spent on drinks, transportation, food, outfits… it all adds up quickly and you could soon find yourself in a financial hole if you’re a hard partyer. But taking a break once in a while from the scene also means your wallet can take a break- and you’ll be able to order pizza instead, which is always a good thing. 

via Pinterest

10) You get to listen to your own music. Club/party music is good when you’re tipsy enough to enjoy it, but let’s face it- you’d rather listen to your own special Spotify playlist. And when was the last time you heard your favorite song being played a a party? If you stay inside, you can listen to your fave songs at max volume and have your own mini party, and no one’s gonna object. 

11) No walking home in the cold. Because you’re already home, you don’t have to face the dreaded walk back in the cold that puts a rather abrupt ending to your party mood. Instead, you can relax in your blankets knowing that you aren’t walking two miles back to your house right now. 

12) You get time to yourself. At the end of a long week, some time off for introspection and taking care of yourself can seem like a godsend. Take some time this weekend to relax and think about yourself. You’ll definitely feel a lot better!