Wellness > Mental Health

Quick Things You Can Do to Unwind During the School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

After over a year of online school, coming back to school in person has been an exciting and fun time! But if you’re anything like me, you might also be finding the transition a little overwhelming and feeling like you’re getting no time to adjust. I’m still searching for the right balance of catching up with friends, doing schoolwork, and finding time for myself. I’ve also been trying to learn the lesson that taking the time to step back from school and/or social obligations is completely okay! That being said, here are some things that I suggest doing to take quick breathers throughout the school year. 

1. Face mask
  2. Watch a comfort movie
  3. Read a fun book
  4. Meditate
  5. Take a long shower
  6. Yoga
  7. Take a walk
  8. Journal
  9. Listen to some favorite songs
  10. Treat yourself to good food
  11. Watch the sunset/sunrise
  12. Breathing exercises
Casey is a student at Washington University in St. Louis, studying Psychology with a minor in Design. Aside from her love for pasta and Netflix-binging, she will most likely do ~anything for the aesthetic~.