Aubree Brabham?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Aubree Brabham?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

All The Hype Around Tik Tok’s Aerie Leggings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

As much of the world right now, I’m completely obsessed with Tik Tok. Something about the constantly reproducing new content, the multitude of life hacks, and using it as a source of news keeps me locked in for hours. After user @hannahschlenker posted a video that now has upwards of 5 million views, there is one thing on everybody’s mind: her leggings. Hannah was wearing the now famous ‘Offline Real Me High Waisted Crossover Leggings’ from Aerie in blue. These supposedly thinning leggings have a cross-over style at the waistband that creates a v-seam. Aerie sells the leggings on their website for $44.95 in three colors (blue, black, and snakeskin pattern), all of which quickly sold out shortly after the Tik Tok went viral. It’s currently unclear if Aerie is going to restock (although I think they’d be crazy not to). 

If you’re a little late to the game and still trying to get your hands on a pair of these famous leggings, you’re not out of luck. Although they’re not the real deal, Amazon sells a similar pair called the “Core 10 Women’s Cross Waist Legging with Pockets” in navy, blackberry, micro animal, and black for $29. I actually ordered a pair for myself and can vouch for the slimming effect. I like the leggings a lot – they’re super cute and more importantly, super comfortable! I’d be interested to order a pair of the Aerie leggings to compare if they ever do a restock. 

Other options that I can’t personally vouch for but have done some research on are the Lululemon “Aligned Angles Super High Rise Tight” leggings for $69 on their website or the Nike “Women’s Yoga Wrap” for $48.97 on their website (both of which have the cross-over waistband style). If you’re going to try them out, order fast because they’re going quick! 

WashU freshman, pizza enthusiast, & self-proclaimed baker.
breakfast & poetry enthusiast