Joining the HerCampus Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

What is HerCampus Waseda?

HerCampus Waseda is one of the many, many chapters under HerCampus – first founded at Harvard by three students. It’s meant to be and already is the number one global online community for collegiettes – smart and focused college women who work hard and play hard. HerCampus Waseda is the first Asian chapter under HerCampus and was established this May. We aim to offer our Waseda collegiettes an online magazine which will provide fun yet informative articles (written entirely in English) under various different themes! Style, relationships, campus cuties…you name it, we’ve got it!

Our Teams

HerCampus Waseda is made up of two teams – the editorial team and the event-planning/public relations team. The editorial team does not meet very regularly, perhaps about once a month to generally outline our themes for the next month and what we’ll be writing about. The editor-in-chief will also take that time to give individual feedback to members’ and their articles or writing styles. The main commitment for the editorial team is that every week each member needs to upload one article for editing and eventual publishing. We are looking for people who can deal with deadlines, have a strong command in English and a passion for writing!

The event-planning team meets about once a week to discuss events that will help publicize HerCampus Waseda and canvass support for it. Every semester will see us plan about two to three events to help raise the profile of HerCampus and to get more readers! Last semester we did a ‘Happy’ video featuring the people of Waseda and a used book and clothing drive. We’re looking for people who are interested in event-planning and are willing to commit. A strong command of both English and/or Japanese will colour us very impressed here!

If you’re interested and willing to commit, you can join both teams!

Oh and boys are most definitely welcome too!!

How To Join

If you are interested in becoming part of the HerCampus Waseda family, please fill in this Google form right here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bUJvh8RkED9q096F-bwISiM1yb5tHQ4HLBCc3DY1gJU/viewform?usp=send_form

If you’re applying for an editorial team position, please make sure to drop an email to janlee@hercampus.com with a short writing sample of about 300-500 words on any topic – make sure you write the sample as if you’re actually writing for HerCampus Waseda’s readers! Here are some of the articles we’ve written, take a look to see what they’re like: Guide To Summer In and Around Tokyo, Week In Review, Recipes!

Looking forward to receiving your applications!