This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

It has been more than 500 days since we entered the new normal life, and it is totally understandable if you are tired of being a couch potato or temporary homebody (refers to people who prefer staying at home instead of hanging out). There is a renowned idiom in Taiwan called “rainbow after the rain”, which means that the silver lining will come after the darkness. This idiom seems to fit perfectly under the current situation that the entire world is going through. Besides continuously finding sources of happiness here and there, listening to music has been one of my favorite hobbies to do on a daily basis even before the new normal age. Here are 5 songs that I not only enjoy, but also each represent 1 color from the rainbow.

1. Red: Leave The Door Open by Bruno Mars et al.

The color red is often associated with passion and love, and this recent hit by Bruno is the perfect embodiment of this color. This song combines smooth R&B vibes with its sensual lyrics, which makes the song a great one to listen to any time throughout the day.

2. Orange: Missing You by G.E.M.

The orange color could stand for warmth and longing, and G.E.M.’s newest MV release would be the best choice. This entire song has a sweet, catchy hook that is unforgettable once you listen to it. The music video is shot in a cute way that is guaranteed to give you a smile.

3. Yellow: Butter by BTS

Yellow symbolizes hope, joy, and summer, and there is no other song that fits this color better. BTS’ latest comeback single gives you maximum happiness and rhythmic energy through its funky beats. Feel free to grab some delicious snacks to enjoy alongside listening to this amazing song.

4. Blue: Bedroom by Anne-Marie and JJ Lin

Blue is commonly associated with calm, peace, and depression, so this deep post-breakup English song would be a great one to add to your music playlist. Anne-Marie and JJ’s distinctive voices blend perfectly within this song, and it truly gets better as you listen to it again and again.

5. Purple: A Rock Can Be A Star by 831

The color purple can be linked with independence and enlightenment, and 831’s new song released last month would give you a boost of encouragement for sure. A Rock Can Be A Star shows that each individual is unique just as they are, and there is always hope in life.

Hope you enjoy these new song recommendations, and remember that the rainbow always comes after the rain!

KPop overdose 24/7, amateur foodie, NBA addict, and ambivert Taiwanese International.