4 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Recipes!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

Here are some breakfast ideas that are not only simple and quick, but also healthy! 

Oatmeal Banana Pancakes

Oats are loaded with fiber, making it a great ingredient to incorporate into your breakfast! 

1. Blend some oats in a blender so it turns into a powder-like texture. 
  2. Mash up a banana with a fork or in the blender. 
  3. Place the blended oats into a bowl, as well as the mashed banana, and add one egg, a little bit of baking powder, a pinch of salt, and nutmeg. 
  4. Mix the ingredients in the bowl so it is blended well and the mixture is as smooth as you like. 
  5. Cook the batter onto a pan in low heat until the pancake is golden brown on both sides.
  6. Add some honey or fruits of your choice on top! 

Overnight Oats

1. Cook some oats with the appropriate volume of water, add desired amount of honey, a splash of almond milk, and just a pinch of salt. 
  2. Place in a jar or bowl, and stir in frozen raspberries or blueberries. Cover the chosen container and leave in the fridge overnight to chill. 
  3. The next morning, mix in maple syrup or honey, and add some peanut butter!

Granola Fruit Bowl

1. Blend blueberries, banana, ice, and a splash of almond milk in a blender. The goal is to make a thick base for the bowl. 
  2. Once blended, place the mixture into a bowl and smooth it out. 
  3. Add some granola, banana slices, blueberries, and strawberries (whatever fruits you have available) on top! 

Scrambled Eggs Tacos

1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet on medium to low heat. Add some beans and garlic (season with some salt and pepper) and cook until the garlic turns brown. Add some spinach to cook slightly, then remove from skillet. Stir in some lemon juice. 
  2. Whisk two eggs in a separate bowl, and add half a teaspoon of salt and pepper each. If you like your scrambled eggs creamy, add 2 tablespoons of milk. For fluffy scrambled eggs, add 2 tablespoons of water. (One tablespoon for every egg used) 
  3. Add eggs to the heated skillet and slowly stir for a few minutes. 
  4. You can eat the scrambled eggs simply like that, or for some added flavor and fun, lightly cook tortillas so you can fill them with the scrambled eggs, beans, and toppings such as sour cream, cilantro, or cheese.