The Her Campus Warwick Team’s Go-To Recipes for Real Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Warwick chapter.

Georgia’s Cheap and Healthy Chicken Wraps (Easy):

• 500g of chicken breast
  • Garlic Salt
  • Onion Granules
  • Mixed Herbs
  • Wraps
  • Salad

Heat the oven to 200cCut up chicken into small cubes and spread them on oven dish, season with garlic salt, onion granules and mixed herbs and cook for 20 minutesServe with tortilla wraps, salad, salsa and mayo for an easy, cheap and healthy dinner!Serves: 2 people (around 3 wraps each

Emily’s Bannana and Peanut Butter Protien Pancakes

Ingredients:

• 1 banana 
  • Two heaped tablespoons of smooth peanut butter 
  • 1 egg
  • Coconut Oil
  • (Optional) A scoop of your normal protien shake powder, vannilla or chocolate is good but definitley not strawberry! 

Mash up the banana with a fork, then mix in the peanut butter (and powder) until it’s all smooth, add the egg and mix again. Heat half a teaspoon of the oil in a frying pan and add enough mix for the pancake to be about the size of the bottom of a mug and about 1cm thick, fry one side until you can flip it then do the other. Serve with yoghurt, berries and honey.

Molly’s Noodles with Peanut Butter Sauce

I feel that ‘recipe’ is not an accurate term for the beauty that is this dish. I feel ‘masterpiece’ is more appropriate. It is a vegan friendly, completely delicious little bowl of heaven. Did I mention it’s also ridiculously easy to prepare?

Ingredients

• Noodles (without egg for vegan)
  • Peanut butter (I recommend Meridian organic peanut butter)
  • Dark soy sauce (dark adds sweetness)
  • Anything else you want to put it. Be creative. Be radical. Hot sauce. Broccoli. Spring onion. The list is endless.

First, pop the noodles in a saucepan with boiling water and cook (I’m sure you’ve made it past the age of 18 knowing how to cook noodles, so I won’t elaborate further).Next mix a good wallop of peanut-butter and a decent splash of soy sauce in a bowl. Mix until a solid paste has formed.When the noodles are cooked drain them and mix in with the sauce. The heat of the noodles will melt the sauce and make it all gooey. If not add a splash of water and bung in the microwave for a few seconds.Finally, ENJOY.

Ash’s Go-To Grub

Mix hummus with piri piri sauce and you have the perfect dip for pitta bread, celery, cucumber and carrot sticks.

Molly’s Minestrone Soup:

A ridiculously easy, wonderfully filling soup! Perfect after long hard day of studying. This recipe makes four servings so freeze some for a quick meal next time you’re peckish! To make the soup vegan simply use vegan stock and hey presto!

Ingredients:

• 1litre hot vegetable stock
  • 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
  • 100g spaghetti, broken into short lengths
  • 350g frozen vegtables
  • 400g can of any type of beans drained (e.g. chickpeas, mixed beans, black eyed peas etc.)

Bring stock to the boil with the tomatoes, then add the spaghetti and cook until done. A few minutes before the pasta is ready, add the vegetables and beans. Then, bring everything to the boil and then simmer until the vegetables are hot and spaghetti cooked.Bonus: feel free to add any herbs or spices to the soup. , I usually use basil and a bit of tomato puree just to make it that bit more tomato-y! Also adding a load of cheese on the top makes it even more delicious!

Emily’s 10 Minute Pasta with Creamy Spinach and Kale Sauce

Ingredients:

• Pasta (I always go for whole-wheat for extra energy)
  • Olive Oil
  • Fresh Spinach leaves
  • Fresh Kale
  • Philadephia (Light) Cream Cheese
  • Stock (I use Knoor vegetable stock pots)
  • Salt/Pepper/Mixed Herbs to taste

Set your pasta on to boil. In a separate pan, heat some olive oil and melt your stock in it, then, gradually add two (or more) handfuls of spinach and one (or more) handful of kale, reduce them in the oil. Once your leaves are cooked, melt two heaped tablespoons of the cream cheese into the pan and mix it up – that’s your sauce! Now just drain your pasta, pour on the sauce and enjoy.

Emily-Rose. Proudly studying Film and Literature at The University of Warwick, UK. Follow my adventures on Instagram! @emilyrose.g
Feminist and clothes enthusiast studying History at the University of Warwick! My insta is @molly_rose_ws