Bryson Brewer (’16)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Name: Bryson Brewer
Year: Sophomore
Hometown: Originally from New Jersey, currently living in Clemmons, NC
Major: Undecided, hopefully Business
Relationship Status: Single

HC (Her Campus): So what are you involved in on campus?
BB (Bryson Brewer): Well, I mainly do a lot with the sports marketing department, which I really enjoy.

HC: Cool! How did you get into that?
BB: (Laughs) This might sound nerdy, but in middle school I was in the chess club and I was the main marketing chair. I really enjoyed talking to everyone while I was doing it so that’s kind of how I got into it.

HC: Sounds like you’re a social guy. Anything else you’re involved with?
BB: I do a lot of philanthropy with my friends. I mostly volunteer for Habitat for Humanity and the Salvation Army.

HC: How would you describe your style?
BB: I’d like to say I’m not overly preppy, but I like to be close to the preppy side with a more relaxed feel.

HC: I feel ya. Sometimes preppy guys can be too overdressed.
BB: Exactly. I like to keep it casual.

HC: What makes you different from the typical guy?
BB: Let’s see. I don’t want to sound cliché, but I’m different because I’m open to talking to everyone, not just my friend group. I like to see what everyone has to offer and not stay in my own bubble.

HC: Moving on to the “more than friends” subject, what do you look for in a girl?
BB: I’d like to think I don’t have a checklist, but I gravitate towards someone with a good sense of humor and someone who keeps things fun and spontaneous.

HC: So if you found a girl like that, where would you take her for your perfect date?
BB: I’d probably take her somewhere the opposite of what people do normally. I’d initially take her somewhere casual like Chipotle and then work our way up.

HC: I get it. You’d rather get to know the girl before getting too serious.
BB: Right.

HC: Who would you say is your celebrity crush?
BB: I feel like it changes monthly, but the one I’ve had the longest has got to be Kourtney Kardashian. The most recent one is Scarlett Johansson.

HC: What do you like about them?
BB: From what I’ve seen of Scarlett Johansson, she has a cool personality and I like her style.  As far as the Kardashians go, combine Khloe’s personality with Kourtney’s looks and she’d be the ideal girl.

HC: Sounds like you’re a personality guy. What’s another fun fact about you?
BB: I went to Chris Paul’s high school, and now I’m at Wake, so I guess that’s kind of interesting. Oh, and everyone hates me because I lived in South freshman year and now I live in Dogwood as a sophomore.

HC: Honestly I’m kind of jealous right now. What are some of your pet peeves?
BB: Debbie Downers and slow texters. I’m usually more laidback on the whole social media thing, but I like people to text back faster so I don’t have to keep checking my phone.

HC: Now that you’re a sophomore, you kind of know where you belong at Wake. Is there anything you regret not doing as a first year student?
BB: I regret not beating Andrew Winters in a round of golf and taking his place on the team (laughs).

HC: Sounds like some friendly rivalry! Is golf your favorite sport?
BB: I played tennis in high school, but now I find myself playing a lot more golf — which is probably due to me being surrounded by golfers at Wake.

HC: So what are you looking forward to this semester?
BB: I would say declaring a major and Thanksgiving. Every year we do a Thanksgiving trip with my family in New Jersey, so I’m really looking forward to that.

HC: That sounds exciting! What have you done in the past for that trip?
BB: When we were little we did the Disney World thing. Once we went on a cruise to Alaska, but usually we stay in the East, like Miami. This year should be big.

HC: Any place in particular you’re hoping to go?
BB: I think Wake basketball is playing at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas over the Thanksgiving holiday, so we’re going to try to go to that. It’s a good excuse to go somewhere tropical. 

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.