Spoon Csu-Blueberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Brook Buchan / Spoon
Wellness

Baking in Quarantine: Power Protein Ball Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Recently, we’ve all had a little taste of boredom in quarantine. When some people get bored, they read a book, watch a movie, or go on a walk — while I enjoy all of those activities, I also eat when I’m bored… a lot. After the first week of quarantine and nearly snacking nonstop, I decided to make some healthy, satisfying snacks that would fill me up. I searched through the recipe box in my kitchen and found a recipe for protein balls that my friends from high school and I used to make on weekends. My friends and I created the recipe ourselves, but used Pinterest and Tasty Co recipes as inspiration. The preparation is super easy, fun and quick, and the protein balls taste amazing! They’re the perfect snack because they’re bite-sized, but will fill you up for hours. Below are the ingredients and instructions for making them. Try them — you will not be disappointed!

Ingredients: (makes about 16 protein balls)

1 cup rolled oats

2/3 cup peanut butter

1 1/2 tablespoon of honey

1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (or cocoa nibs)

1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)

1/4 cup flax seeds (optional)

A pinch of salt (optional)

Steps:

1. Combine all ingredients listed above into a medium-sized bowl and stir thoroughly

2. Cover in plastic and let chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes

3. Roll the mixed ingredients into about 1-inch balls

4. Cover each ball with a thin layer of oats and chocolate chips

5. Enjoy!

6. Refrigerate the remaining protein balls for later

Source: https://tasty.co/recipe/peanut-butter-energy-bites 

Caitlin Shaw

Wake Forest '22

My name is Caitlin Shaw and I'm a junior at Wake Forest from Cincinnati, Ohio. I love reading, dancing, exercising, and playing with my French bulldogs. I write for Her Campus because I'm passionate about entertaining, inspiring, and lending advice to college girls like me :) I hope you enjoy reading my articles!
Claire Fletcher

Wake Forest '20

Mathematical Business Major at Wake Forest University