4 Socially Distanced Activities to do With Your Friends this Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Quarantine in the cold doesn’t have to be as miserable as it sounds!

As the end of COVID-19 enters the realm of possibility, it turns out that the nation-wide case number has not yet ceased rising. The colder months have forced people inside, which also means less social distancing and more infections as a whole. If you’re looking to still hang out with friends while following COVID guidelines, this is for you.

1. Ice Skating

This is something that can be done indoors or outdoors and doesn’t require you to be close to those around you. Find a rink near you with Open-Skate hours and bring a friend or two (no shame in going alone either!) This will get you moving and is fun even if you’re not the best skater. 

2. Pottery Making

This one is perfect for those who are more artsy or are just looking to try something new. Most studios have enough space to ensure that participants can be spread apart 6 feet, and of course, masks won’t get in the way of pottery making either! This one is super unique and guaranteed to keep you busy for at least an afternoon. 

3. PowerPoint Night

The best part about this one is that it can be done entirely over Zoom! Have each member of your crew make a fun PowerPoint, grab a drink, and present it to the group over Zoom. This can be done completely from the comfort of your own home. Some of the best topics I’ve seen have been things like, “My friends’ starter packs”, “My friends as fraternities”, “Which Zoey 101 characters I would date”, and so on. 

4. TikTok Recipe Night

Get some friends together and pick out some of your favorite TikTok food hacks. Have each member make either the same food or pick something different! You can all Zoom in on a call as you’re cooking, and then you can all “virtually” have a meal. Although it doesn’t necessarily compare to being in person, this is still a great bonding activity and gets you out of bed!

Wake Forest '22

my instagram is @juliacaravello
Taylor Knupp

Wake Forest '21

Taylor is a senior from Harrisburg, PA studying Business and Enterprise Management. She is the outgoing Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus at WFU. Taylor plans to move to New York City after graduation to work as a Business Analyst at Verizon.