kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

3 Ways to Make it to Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

With spring break approaching, it becomes so hard to stay motivated and get through each day. With midterm exams and papers for the next 3 weeks, all you want to do is jump on the next plane home or to a tropical island. Here are a few tips to help you get through these next few weeks…

1. Plan something exciting to do at the end of each week.

Plan a nice dinner away from campus or a movie night for the end of each week. This way you not only have something to look forward to when you’re drowning in work, but you also have some motivation to finish all your assignments.

2. Leave Campus.

Campus can become so stressful around midterms. Sometimes we can get caught up in other people’s stress or negative energy. Going to do work at a coffee shop or even just for a walk downtown can help release stress and help you get rid of that negative energy.

3. Reward yourself for completing each assignment or task.

You have been working hard all year and especially in these last few weeks! Each time you finish an assignment treat yourself with a snack break or a brief Instagram stalking session. You deserve to let your brain focus on something non-academic for a little while after each thing you work on.

No matter what you choose to do in the time before Spring Break, just make sure to have some fun! Going through the motions and thinking about how awful homework is will only make the days drag on. Doing something to take your mind off of everything and reserving that little free time you have to do something enjoyable will really make all the difference! Good luck, you got this!

Carly Newell

Wake Forest '22

Carly is a freshman at Wake Forest University who is from Arlington, Massachusetts. She is also a member of the Wake Forest Club Volleyball Team and the Love Your Melon Campus Crew. She loves chocolate chip cookies and romantic comedies.
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.