This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Finals are upon us once again, (*cue internal screaming*). Naturally, you’re studying every day and every night like the good student you are, while getting the allotted “healthy” 8 hours of sleep. But studying 24/7 can take its toll on your body and your sanity. Here are a few ways to stay sane during finals by pampering yourself.

1.    Do an “at home” spa night

Just because finals are happening doesn’t mean you can’t find the time to unwind. Relax at home at least one night. We’re talking full on “yoga pants and glass of boxed wine” type relaxation. Make yourself a hair mask, a facial or a body scrub and have a tranquil night at home. Be sure to turn off your phone for maximum relaxation. Check out this video for ideas.

2.    Sleep in a little and eat NOMS

You don’t have to pull an all-nighter every night, in fact, doing so may make you do worse on your exams than if you’re well rested. Remember when we took the standardized tests in elementary school, and they told us to get a good night’s sleep and eat a big breakfast? Well the same is true in college. Sleep as much as you can the day before your exam and eat a big (healthy) breakfast.

3.    Get your nails done

If you haven’t exhausted all of your funds yet, go get your nails done. Allow yourself an hour to be pampered by professionals. Plus, it’ll make those written exams so much better when you get to look down and see your perfect manicure.

4.    Give yourself one night out

If you feel yourself getting too wound up and stressed, go out for the night. It doesn’t have to be an all night thing, just an hour or so. Get out of your room or the library and have fun, whether it’s with your friends or by yourself. It is important to “treat yo self” to remain chemically balanced through the strenuous endeavor that is exam week.

Be sure to make time for yourself this finals season. With a relaxed mind and rested body, you will do much better on your exams.

Happy relaxing, good luck and when in doubt go with C! #MindBodyandSoul

Sara is a Junior at VT studying Multimedia Journalism and Africana Studies. Way to her heart: Taco Bell, makeup, shopping. In that order.
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!