Style > Beauty

Glowing On-The-Go: Must-Try Skincare Products for Busy College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

College life is a whirlwind of lectures, assignments, socializing, and countless other commitments that can leave little time for self-care. As a college student constantly on the move, maintaining a skincare routine might seem like an added challenge. However, fret not. With the beauty industry evolving to cater to the fast-paced lives of young adults, there’s an array of innovative skincare products designed to keep your skin glowing even during your busiest days.

Micellar Water Cleansing Wipes

For late-night study sessions and jam-packed schedules, micellar water cleansing wipes are a lifesaver. These gentle wipes effectively remove makeup, dirt and impurities while hydrating your skin. They’re compact, portable and require no rinsing making them a convenient solution for quick cleansing between classes or before a spontaneous hangout. My favorites are the SkinActive Micellar Makeup Removing Towelettes because they’re cheap and you can find them practically anywhere. 

Tinted Moisturizer with SPF

When you’re short on time but still want a touch of coverage, a tinted moisturizer with SPF is your go-to. It combines hydration, light coverage and sun protection in one step. This multitasking product not only evens out your skin tone but also shields your skin from harmful UV rays, making it perfect for both indoor lectures and outdoor activities. You have to try the Fenty Beauty Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint. It’s a little pricey, but it will last you the whole semester. 

Under Eye Masks

Late-night study sessions and early morning classes can take a toll on your under-eye area. Under eye masks enriched with ingredients like hyaluronic acid and caffeine can instantly rejuvenate and depuff tired eyes. Pop them on while reading or working on assignments to give your eyes a much-needed break. If you know anything about me, I recommend anything from Good Molecules so you must try their Caffeine Energizing Hydrogel Eye Patches.

Hydrating Face Mist

A hydrating face mist is a versatile product that can instantly refresh your skin and give you a burst of moisture throughout the day. Packed with skin-loving ingredients like glycerin and antioxidants, a quick spritz can revitalize your complexion and provide a dewy glow, even when you’re rushing from the library to a group project meeting. The only thing my ex was good for was introducing me to the BYOMA Balancing Face Mist. To this day, I don’t know who told him about face mist, but this is a really good inexpensive one. 

Balancing college life and skincare doesn’t have to be a challenge. Thanks to the ever-evolving world of beauty products, college students on the go now have access to a wide range of innovative skincare solutions. Remember, a little self-care goes a long way in boosting your confidence and helping you tackle every college day with a glowing smile.

Havahn is a public relations major and professional & technical writing minor at Virginia Tech. Havahn encourages people to don't be ashamed of their likes and dislikes and often shows that in her writing. You can find her studying or in the gym if she's not watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta.