This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

My Love, 

You changed my world on September 22, 2021. That day will forever be engraved in my memory. It’s crazy to believe that we have been together for a year now, that I found someone that wakes up every morning and continues to choose to love me. You have become my best friend and the person I love more than the world all in one. So, I just want to say thank you for being you.

I am so thankful for this past year and everything it has taught me. You have done so much for me and I will be forever grateful. I think one of the biggest things I’ve learned this year is that being in a relationship means always having someone there for you. Life can get pretty hard, so it means more than the world to know that someone always has my back. You have brought so much love and laughter into my life that makes the hard days feel a little lighter. 

I think one of my favorite things about our relationship is the fact that we can be together and not have to do anything, we can just exist together and it’s comforting. I enjoy the days when we spend time just sitting around with each other. Being able to exist together and not needing to specifically be doing something all the time is an important aspect of any relationship. It’s good that we can do that together but we’re still also able to have fun doing activities and going on adventures.

Over this past year, we have done so much together and we’ve started our own little traditions. I think one of my favorite traditions is getting ice cream together every month on the 22nd. It’s important in relationships to have little traditions because it adds something to the relationship that you know you will always be able to do together. I have enjoyed every moment we’ve had together and I am so beyond excited for many more.

My love, thank you for everything, I’m so happy that I’ve spent this last year loving you. I wouldn’t want to be with anyone else because you are the perfect person for me. To many more adventures, laughs, and much more happiness…happy one year!

Yours Truly,

Katie

Katie Tuggle

Virginia Tech '25

Hi, my name is Katie and I'm a senior majoring in psychology. I love being around my friends and family, chasing sunsets, listening to music, and driving around. I am so happy to be a part of the Her Campus writing team because I feel like I have found a place where my voice gets heard. Her Campus allows me to tell my stories without being interrupted and it gives me a place to be my true self.