This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

As we all know, midterms season is well upon us. With studying, homework, and balancing a social life, self-care is the first thing to fall to the back burner. Every girl needs a break here and there, right? Here are some of our top picks for when you need a little escape from midterms and papers.

1. L’oreal Sublime Bronze self tanning lotion

After all that time spent on computers, studying for tests, and writing papers, we can all start to look a little pale and ghostly. L’oreal Paris’s Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Milk can help hydrate and nourish skin, while also getting rid of that “I stayed up all night studying” look with its streak free formula. Products like this are my go to when the sun starts disappearing for the winter season. 

2. Frank’s Red Hot

Everyone needs a little spice in their life, and Frank’s Red Hot hot sauce definitely delivers. Their perfect blend of flavor and heat makes this the perfect thing to have on the go, and the zipper pouch makes them easy to carry around.

3. Garden of Life GoL Bar

These Garden of Life bars are the perfect snack for those quick study breaks. Need a snack in between classes? GoL bars are easy enough to fit in your bag, and there’s enough protein in there to keep you from starving. They are organic, high in protein, and tastes like chocolate and sea salt. What more could you want?

4. Bath and Body Works Wallflower

Guys, I live for these things. I have been using wallflowers for a few years now, but I fell even more in love with them when I came to college. They are the perfect solution to the “no candle” rule, and they come in all the amazing scents that are available in the candles. Plus, the refills are only $6.50, so they’re perfect for a girl on a budget.

5. Katy Perry’s INDI Fragrance

Again, for the girl on a budget, this fragrance is perfect. Katy Perry worked with Walgreens to come out with with a one of a kind scent (including white tea, oriental plum, and italian bergamot). This scent is unique, one of a kind, and won’t break the bank.

6. Sabre Drink Test Kit

As schoolwork gets harder and harder, it gets more and more fun to go out and let loose on the weekends. Nowadays, however, we have to be extremely careful about how we act when we’re out. One of the number one rules i learned when i came to college was that I couldn’t leave my drink unattended anywhere, and even though that rule still holds true, Sabre has come up with a way to help put us at ease. These easy to use drink test strips will test for the presence of ketamine and GHB in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.

7. Buxom Cosmetics Big Tease Plumping Mascara

We’ve all been there. After countless hours of studying and preparing, you wake up the next morning and look exhausted. Having experienced this many many times, I always try to keep a voluminous mascara like this Buxom plumping mascara in my bag so that I can fix the problem. Not only does this mascara build volume, but it also lengthens your lashes, and takes away the “exhausted” look.

8. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water

This cleansing water is the best after a long day of studying. The refreshing Micellar water helps to break down any makeup left at the end of the day, and it can even bust through the toughest waterproof makeup, without needing any harsh rubbing or scrubbing.

9. Krazy Glue

This one might seem a little bit out there guys, but I promise that Krazy Glue is a lifesaver. I can’t even count the amount of times I’ve broken something or had to glue something together, and the single packs have saved the day. They’re easy to have on hand, and because they can bond wood, metal, plastics and more, you can use them for just about anything.

Catharine Knowles

Virginia Tech '21

Hi friends! My name is Cat, and I come from a one-stoplight town in rural Pennsylvania, but I love to read, write, edit, and much more. I have always dreamed of seeing my name on the spine of a book, and you'll almost never find me without my nose in a novel or not obsessing over a new tv show or movie adaptation.
Chera Longfritz

Virginia Tech

Just a funky lil girl trying to put my thoughts into relatable words!!! I've had the dream of being Anne Hathaway's character in Devil Wears Prada since I was like three. Maybe without being someone's bitch, but you know, everyone has to start somewhere.