This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Nowadays, there’s a song for just about everything. Female empowerment? Beyoncé has you covered. Pumping yourself up for the gym? Calvin Harris is a finger-click away. Relationship problems? You already know where to find Drake.

Warmer weather is approaching us and it’s about that time to find the perfect playlist to scream at the top of your lungs to. Time to roll your windows down and buckle up as I prepare you for the best songs of every genre to get your springtime jams started!

“Talk” – Khalid

This song is totally a feel-good tune. Khalid works with the electronic duo, Disclosure, to deliver this season’s catchiest track. Khalid rose to fame as one of Pop/R&B’s around 2017 when he released his debut hit single, Location. Listening to this song will undoubtedly get your dance moves to make an appearance so listen at your own risk!

“make up” – Ariana Grande

Ariana has dropped a phenomenal range of music throughout her career. Her latest album, thank u next, has topped the charts and grown in millions. This song is definitely a pop hidden gem within Ariana’s “thank u next” album with its contagious rhythm.

“TTM” – PnB Rock, Wiz Khalifa, NGHTMRE

Although this is not a new release, the vibes of this song will want you learning all the lyrics! It has a mix of sounds, including hip hop and electronic! This song is probably one of the perfect songs to blast on a speaker on the beach or even at a picnic!

“Palm Trees” – GoldLink

GoldLink is a unique rapper, with a variety of different sounds throughout his music. As the title of the song predicts, this rap hit definitely brings on the beach vibes, perfect to play during a road trip somewhere tropical. The chorus of this song also samples lyrics from Electronic/R&B queen, Alina Baraz.

“Navajo” – Masego

Masego is a Jamaican based and Virginia raised singer/songwriter that refers to his own music as “TrapHouseJazz” which is a pretty accurate way to describe it. His tracks are something completely unique, intertwining the jazz of a saxophone to the contemporary mix of beats to make a genre of his own.

Image Credit (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Victoria grew up in Northern Virginia and is a Junior at VCU this year. She is majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in Digital Journalism and dreams of pursuing a career involved in Fashion Editing. She loves traveling, listening to music 24/7, and learning about new cultures.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!