absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Very Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Every Thanksgiving we eat the same lineup of foods. It’s all delicious, but sometimes we wonder why some other classic foods aren’t on the table. Chicken fettuccine alfredo is a classic comfort food that many enjoy, although not typically on Thanksgiving. This year, take something new and easy to that Thanksgiving potluck. Try this creamy chicken alfredo recipe. It’s easy and will only require basic cooking skills and a few pots. It’s easier to make than expected, you won’t believe that you actually made it!

Start out by getting these ingredients:

-1/2 cup of unsalted butter (equal to one stick)

-One (eight oz.) package of cream cheese

-1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning

-Two teaspoons of garlic powder

-Two cups of milk

-Two cups of shredded Parmesan cheese

-1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper

One pound of Fettuccine pasta

-One pound of boneless chicken tenders (marinade them for a little in some lemon juice and Italian seasoning for some flavor)

Steps: 

1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low/medium heat.

Let the butter first melt until a tiny sliver of butter is left.

2. Add the cream cheese

Make sure you cube the cream cheese beforehand just to make it easier to melt together with the butter. Then add it to the butter and let all of that smoothen out. 

The mixture may look odd at first but it will slowly come together. 

3. Slowly pour in the milk.

Stir everything together until it combines. 

4. Add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.

Add the spices and let the mixture simmer. 

5. Next, incorporate the shredded cheese into the mix.

Add the parmesan cheese to the mixture and watch as it melts. It will start to get thicker and stretch as you mix everything together. 

You can also let it bubble a little just so all of the flavors can combine. After this, the alfredo sauce is complete!

6. Boil pasta and cook chicken.

You’ll want to boil a pound of Fettuccine pasta in pot with lightly salted water, to keep the noodles from sticking. Don’t forget to strain the noodles. You will also need to cook some boneless chicken tenders in a pan with olive oil until cooked well. 

7. Combine the sauce with the pasta and chicken.

And you’re all done!  

This creamy chicken fettucine alfredo recipe is yummy to eat as a side, or even as a main course. Don’t settle for just turkey and cranberry sauce, make some pasta and wow your family and friends!

all photos by author

Jasmine Medrano-Guevara is a senior studying print and online journalism at Virginia Commonwealth University. She enjoys laughing at corny jokes, trying new recipes on Pinterest, makeup and writing reviews on Yelp. Jasmine hopes to work for a women's magazine after college. You can follow her on Instagram @jasminemedrano_ !
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!